Hello

Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Play is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi Ive ben reading the site for quite a while now but have just joined so thought id say hello.

I having been living in Spain for just over a month now and working for a radio station slling advertising for them and also there magazine. Really enjoying it here and cant see me wanting to go back to the UK, Im surprised how well ive settled.

Although the only thing i miss is the TV I cant put a 2m dish up on the flat i have so cant even get the english 1-5 on m sky tv.

Surprised no one has come up with a good way of watching them on the tinternet. Ive read the threads on here but none seem to 100 %
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:32 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello

hi play , , luck here as i got few dishs at work and where i live in the same line off work ,
jurdy
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jurdyr
hi play , , luck here as i got few dishs at work and where i live in the same line off work ,
jurdy
Look where ? Its the fact they wont let me put a dish up on the block

Where are you from ?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Play
You're not to far from us
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Welcome to the forum Play
You're not to far from us
Yeh and the radio station i sort of work for and the magazine has just expanded up to there. (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 11th 2009 at 4:54 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

I forgot to mention it covers from Altea to Valencia and the magazine gives away 10000 copies and is published everyother month
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you can use iplayer if you get a proxy server, and I knos Carol & Tony on here watch stuff with some kind of system that plays recorded episodes
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Play
Hi Ive ben reading the site for quite a while now but have just joined so thought id say hello.

I having been living in Spain for just over a month now and working for a radio station slling advertising for them and also there magazine. Really enjoying it here and cant see me wanting to go back to the UK, Im surprised how well ive settled.

Although the only thing i miss is the TV I cant put a 2m dish up on the flat i have so cant even get the english 1-5 on m sky tv.

Surprised no one has come up with a good way of watching them on the tinternet. Ive read the threads on here but none seem to 100 %
Hi Play,
Do a Google search for "slingbox"

My son lives in Sweden and uses it, I being pc illiterate, don't know how to set it up. If you draw a blank I'll ask him for an idiots guide.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo
Hi Play,
Do a Google search for "slingbox"

My son lives in Sweden and uses it, I being pc illiterate, don't know how to set it up. If you draw a blank I'll ask him for an idiots guide.
The guys in The Lab will know all about slingboxes - I've seen them mentioned in forums too, but can't remember where so you could simply search on BE.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
The guys in The Lab will know all about slingboxes - I've seen them mentioned in forums too, but can't remember where so you could simply search on BE.
Just looked at sling boxes :-( means id need some one in the UK to have a box in there living room and internet connection :-(

Someone suggested this as apparantly it gives you a uk IP address -

http://portal.onspeed.com/?rf=http%3...php&A=GoogleBT
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at sling boxes :-( means id need some one in the UK to have a box in there living room and internet connection :-(

May be worth posting on The Lab anyway, they're a knowledgeable bunch
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:07 am
Senior Moment

As Ive said before you can get a proxy IP, but it does tend to slow things down quite a lot and people I have heard who did it found it not particularly satisfactory.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:55 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

if you cannot put a dish up, or want to subscribe to the rebroadcasters, then the tinkernet is the last option....
quality can vary and obviously you get pauses for buffrering issues.

you can try piggybacking via a proxy server and using the iplayers in the uk or the uk version of zattoo..
or use some for of proxy hide programme - hidemyip.com
or use somehting like VPNtunnel or britishtvabroad - so you pay each month to connect to a UK server, allowing you access to the UK Players...although i dont know how long these services will last either as the BBC, ITV and other programme providers know about all these methods and from time to time block the UK internet addresses.

slingboxes need you to find a "slingbuddy" - so that you can attach your slingbox "reciver" to their slingbox "transmitter" which is connected to their seconds sky receiver and their sky dish....and depends on internet connections at both sides and a bit of an issue if you or your buddy is on a "fair useage policy"

or go "torrents" - thebox.bz or uknova and a torrent client like Vuze....

EDIT: the two above require registrations (unlike TBP - juts google it!). and thebox's regisations are very limited and mainly only by invite.......which i have 3 of my current batch available.....if you want one EMAIL me....

Last edited by The Guy; Jan 13th 2009 at 11:39 am.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

FWIW I'm in the UK for a couple of months and thought I would give the UK TV iplayers a try, found the quality to be a bit poor if you open to full screen on a 20in monitor but it is watchable if you can get used to it. Don't think I would be prepared to expend money on it though other than as a last resort.

Jim