Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Heating ??? Best ways....

Heating ??? Best ways....

Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Dizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant future
Default Heating ??? Best ways....

Buenos

Although still hot at the mo (how great is that...nearly Nov and still dressed in summer clothes !!!) we still need to think about heating !

From my last post on wood, I had some very helpful hints.

Now I'm trying to find out the most popular form of heating in town houses.

We have a wood burner stove downstairs and two air con units in two bedrooms but not in the bedroom where are little toddlers are sleeping.....

Have been advised that gas heaters can cause condensation...ooooo....not nice.

We have no insulation, upstairs very high ceilings which I think is the roof !!!!!

Thinking of the electric radiators...but are they expensive ?

What do you guys do to keep your houses warm ?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Heating ??? Best ways....

Originally Posted by Dizzy Mich
Buenos

Although still hot at the mo (how great is that...nearly Nov and still dressed in summer clothes !!!) we still need to think about heating !

We have a wood burner stove downstairs and two air con units in two bedrooms but not in the bedroom where are little toddlers are sleeping.....

We have no insulation, upstairs very high ceilings which I think is the roof !!!!!

What about storage heaters?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heating ??? Best ways....

Originally Posted by Dizzy Mich
Buenos

Gas heaters do cause condensation, but you aren't likely to have them on that much, certainly in this area, and we always have a window slightly open which helps. Also our air con does have a dehumidifier setting. We bought an oil filled radiator last year, but are unlikely to use it this, but we did look at those wall mounted heating elements that look like a big radiator but are totally flat. Decided against it in favour of the catalytic gas heaters. We do have a coal effect gas fire, but that requires having 2 gas bottles on at all times, and gas in both, can be very unfortunate if one runs dry in the evening and you haven't got a spare, so we are abandoning that.