Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Healthcare in Valencia.

Healthcare in Valencia.

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare in Valencia.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Correct. However we have found that if they are not written down on the form that the health office here appears to ignore their existence and in the UK they all seem to quote different things so it can be difficult to gain the correct info and the correct form.

Rosemary
That sounds typical, they make it as hard as they can for anyone to claim.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

The Telegraph takes the view that the expatriate community (quote) "is being victimised by the Spanish, following years of clashes with authorities over the country's planning laws."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...treatment.html

Although many newspapers report this as being "out of the blue", I did also find this Telegraph article from way back in 2005 claiming (quote) "The drain on hospitals, the drugs budget and the soaring cost of providing home care is crippling [the Spanish] health services". It also suggests that many pensioners are not bothering with formalities such as E121s, so presumably there will be some benefit to Valencia in forcing those who are eligible to be on the system to join officially.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/ma...28/health2.xml
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
The Telegraph takes the view that the expatriate community (quote) "is being victimised by the Spanish, following years of clashes with authorities over the country's planning laws."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...treatment.html

Although many newspapers report this as being "out of the blue", I did also find this Telegraph article from way back in 2005 claiming (quote) "The drain on hospitals, the drugs budget and the soaring cost of providing home care is crippling [the Spanish] health services". It also suggests that many pensioners are not bothering with formalities such as E121s, so presumably there will be some benefit to Valencia in forcing those who are eligible to be on the system to join officially.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/ma...28/health2.xml

I think that they are also cracking down on Spanish people too because they have found that people who originated in Comunidad Valencia and moved to other parts have not reported their move to the authorities and therefore are misusing the system.

Rosemary
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone but I received a telephone call from the Spanish health office last Friday to check on my OH's surname and health number. The young lady then explained to me that although I have cover my OH will be unable to renew his card when it exprires and he will need to visit the office.

As I am now a UK pensioner we had asked that he be included on my E121 but the UK office failed to do this so I telephoned last month to request a further form which included him as a dependant, none has arrived. Telephoned them again today and was told by one man that it very much depends on how the Spanish office interprets the form and they may or may not include my OH. So I persevered and asked another person and they told me that my OH will be covered and they promised to send out the correct form this time. Time will tell.

Rosemary
OH should be OK, I came out under UK retirement age, but wife was over, we have health cards, and neither has an expiry date, so assume we will be OK.