Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health Related Information.

Health Related Information.

Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health Related Information.

It was suggested that we place some useful threads at the top of the forum. This will help new members to find the info they are looking for without having to post the same questions over and over again in the forum

Please post any information you have about Health Issues here.

(No promotional posts by companies allowed)
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Health Related Information.

SIP card is like the new NHS E111 (now a plastic credit type, came into force July 2005) and is for health service here in Spain. You can get one of these cards by first visiting your local Town Hall and getting a padron, then go to your local health centre with your passport and ask for a SIP card, you will be given a cardboard one as a temp card then about three weeks later you will get your plastic one.

If your Long term Illness causes you problems with travel or you have to be returned to your country of origin and you are not insured you will face bills of thousands of euros, while traveling in EU countries. Your insurance will cover you in this event.
Old Oct 31st 2005, 3:47 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health Related Information.

Originally Posted by countryboy
SIP card is like the new NHS E111 (now a plastic credit type, came into force July 2005) and is for health service here in Spain. You can get one of these cards by first visiting your local Town Hall and getting a padron, then go to your local health centre with your passport and ask for a SIP card, you will be given a cardboard one as a temp card then about three weeks later you will get your plastic one.

If your Long term Illness causes you problems with travel or you have to be returned to your country of origin and you are not insured you will face bills of thousands of euros, while traveling in EU countries. Your insurance will cover you in this event.
i did this along with my husband at my local health centre but because i didnt have a contract set up at work yet and my husband did he was issued with a card and i was told that i would need to use my e111 if i needed too until i got a conract . i was then told by somene else that because my husband had a contract and we were married i was entitled to get a card aswell so i returned with my marriage certificate to the health centre and she still said
that i was to go back once i had a contract . can anyone help me clear this up