health care working full time and self employed. please help

health care working full time and self employed. please help

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

summer70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default health care working full time and self employed. please help

Hi all,
Any feedback would be much appreciated. me and my partner, we're not married
and also my son (8yrs) are hoping to move to Spain. I have read threads regarding
health care that state the criteria for free health care. but I cannot find what I'm looking
for specifically. my partner is planning to work employed full time, but I slantm work
part time on a self employed basis.
my question is would my partners full time employment cover the 3 of us for health
care or would it only cover him as it stands?

many thanks in advance
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health care working full time and self employed. please help

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

hatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond repute

Page nine of this English document explains who are covered in Spain http://ec.europa.eu/employment_socia...20Spain_en.pdf
Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by summer70
Hi all,
Any feedback would be much appreciated. me and my partner, we're not married
and also my son (8yrs) are hoping to move to Spain. I have read threads regarding
health care that state the criteria for free health care. but I cannot find what I'm looking
for specifically. my partner is planning to work employed full time, but I slantm work
part time on a self employed basis.
my question is would my partners full time employment cover the 3 of us for health
care or would it only cover him as it stands?

many thanks in advance
it would cover him. Your son would be entitled to healthcare as a minor, but it's often near impossible to access it - not impossible - but be prepared for lot of to-ing & fro-ing. Unless your partner is your sons natural father or legal guardian - then it's straightforward

you say 'partner' so I'm guessing you're not married? In that case you're not covered, in normal circumstances
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your feedback. I did guess that it wouldn't be straight forward. seems I have a lot of research to do :-/
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it would cover him. Your son would be entitled to healthcare as a minor, but it's often near impossible to access it - not impossible - but be prepared for lot of to-ing & fro-ing. Unless your partner is your sons natural father or legal guardian - then it's straightforward

you say 'partner' so I'm guessing you're not married? In that case you're not covered, in normal circumstances
I have read on here before about people proving that they are living together as a family but not married but cannot remember the details, can you shed any light on this?

Rosemary
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I have read on here before about people proving that they are living together as a family but not married but cannot remember the details, can you shed any light on this?

Rosemary
yes - they can register as pareja de hecho

but in some areas they are refusing to do this at all now - & in others you have to be able to prove that you've been together as a couple in Spain for two years before they will register you

once registered, yes, you can be considered a dependent & use the state healthcare system

I've heard that this tightening up of rules is due to foreigners coming to Spain & pretending to be in a relationship so that they can get free healthcare as dependent of someone they might never have even met before - but who knows if that's true
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes - they can register as pareja de hecho

but in some areas they are refusing to do this at all now - & in others you have to be able to prove that you've been together as a couple in Spain for two years before they will register you

once registered, yes, you can be considered a dependent & use the state healthcare system

I've heard that this tightening up of rules is due to foreigners coming to Spain & pretending to be in a relationship so that they can get free healthcare as dependent of someone they might never have even met before - but who knows if that's true
Thanks for the info I am sure that this will be of help to the poster.

Rosemary
Old Jun 4th 2014, 3:47 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Thanks for the info I am sure that this will be of help to the poster.

Rosemary
don't forget that after 12 months as a registered resident there's the convenio especial buy in scheme

it's not available everywhere yet, but is supposed to be eventually
Old Jun 8th 2014, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Again, thank you. my partner is not my child's father. my partner currently has private health care here in England and my son and I are receiving nhs. we are not married and it seems unclear whether this would make a difference to us a family or not. one thing which is certainly clear though is that we have a lot of research to do regarding both health care and education so as not to end up in a position of false sense of security.
Thank you :-/
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Not only health . Not being married will affect you concerning inheritance tax, unless you are officially registered.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid the harsh reality is that Spain will see you as unconnected people. You don't say whether your 'partner' has work or speaks Spanish but if the answer is also no, then I'm afraid these are bigger hurdles to overcome than the ones concerning establishing any relationship.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

hatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond reputehatecold has a reputation beyond repute

Disn't anyone rad page 9 of the document I linked? It quite clearly says "co-habiting"
"Access to health insurance is also provided to family me
mbers of insured persons
as
long as they reside in Spain
, including, under certain conditions:

the spouse of the person insured or the person co
-
habiting with the insured
;

t
hose who are separated or divorced if they have the right to alimony;

lineal desce
ndants of the insured or his/her spouse, whatever their legal filiation,
brothers and sisters of the insured person, and fostered children,
younger than 26
or with a degre
e of disability of at least 65%
."
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by hatecold
Disn't anyone rad page 9 of the document I linked? It quite clearly says "co-habiting"
"Access to health insurance is also provided to family me
mbers of insured persons
as
long as they reside in Spain
, including, under certain conditions:

the spouse of the person insured or the person co
-
habiting with the insured
;

t
hose who are separated or divorced if they have the right to alimony;

lineal desce
ndants of the insured or his/her spouse, whatever their legal filiation,
brothers and sisters of the insured person, and fostered children,
younger than 26
or with a degre
e of disability of at least 65%
."
yes - but you have to have the 'co-habiting' registered with the ayuntamiento, and as I said in my post way back on the thread, many/most ayuntamientos now insist that you prove that you have been co-habiting in Spain for 2 years before they will register the relationship

so that won't help the OP
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Not only health . Not being married will affect you concerning inheritance tax, unless you are officially registered.
It depends where you live. The state allowances treat registered partners as Group 4, ie no allowance and twice the normal tax rate.

Some autonomous regions treat them as spouses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.