Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hayfever in December?

Hayfever in December?

Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:09 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hayfever in December?

Hi,

First december here on the coast in Malaga. And for some reason I feel like im getting my hayfever?? Something that is normally reserved for about June time in the UK. I think its like grass pollen fever in the UK i normally get. But ive been feeling it over the last couple of weeks. having proper sneezing fits and eyes being irritated. Is it normal here for this time of year?
Its just strange

Anyway im not complaining. Its nice to still feel warm in December

Cheers guys.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hayfever in December?

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Hi,

First december here on the coast in Malaga. And for some reason I feel like im getting my hayfever?? Something that is normally reserved for about June time in the UK. I think its like grass pollen fever in the UK i normally get. But ive been feeling it over the last couple of weeks. having proper sneezing fits and eyes being irritated. Is it normal here for this time of year?
Its just strange

Anyway im not complaining. Its nice to still feel warm in December

Cheers guys.
I wonder if you are suffering from inflamation in yoiur sinuses due to the dry air, winds and the generally dusty atmosphere.

Great to see you posting and that you are still positive about living here.

Rosemary
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

May be the air conditioning/heating in your office, hope it soon clears up for you
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Its more likely to be dust mites mate, very similar symptoms to hayfever, often mistaken for it, and can be made worse in the winter as people tend to close windows and batten down the hatches.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Yep, Matt has a point there. The buggers are guilty of many crimes!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:28 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah could be dustmites i guess. Just something i didnt get int he UK thats all. So the atmosphere here is different.
mrsjdr. I work for the best company on the coast and as such dont have the luxuries of air conditioning in our basement office. Infact its really hot in there even in the winter and we have fans blasting at us all day.

However, ive just moved offices to one that does have air con. So maybe there will be a difference over the next few days. But i feel bunged up and eyes stingy in my own apartment too. And it was cleaned today so i dont know.

Yup still living here and still very very positive about the place Keep meaning to find more time to get on here. Ive been sooooo busy

Cheers guys
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Andrew!

Nice to see you on here again
Sorry to hear you're having a few problems. I can't offer any suggestions, I'm afraid - just wanted to say hi.
It's really good to know that you're still here and enjoying life (presuming you get any free time from work!? )
Will you be here for Christmas?
Have you had a chance to make some friends?
How's work going?
Are you still in the same flat?
So many questions................so little time!
It would be great to hear your news when you get a chance. Don't suppose you've had a chance to make any more videos??

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and that I'm very pleased to hear that things are generally going well for you

Love Sam.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:50 am
In Estepona

Hey brisca.
Ive had a few problems at work (will pm u if u wanna know further details).
But yeah everything is going really really well here. Im settled in pretty well I think. Ive made some great friends from work and have seen mr and mrsjdr a few times as well. Bought a car, buzzing around the place. Got a local sorted out. Been in, and out of a relationship with a girl. Its been a crazy 8 months since April. Ive really pushed a hell of a lot of personal boundaries too. Done stuff i never thought i would. (good stuff of course! (well most of it!))
Yeah it couldnt have gone any better really.
Im really happy here.

I fly back to the UK on Friday night for xmas, but flying back on Boxing day. Looking forward to the brief trip back. Christmas is family time so will be good to see everyone again. Itll be my second trip back home since moving here in April. Ive had tonnes of friends and family take up a cheap holiday opportunity and been here a few times as well.

Im still in the same apartment in Estepona. Beutiful place it is, overlooking the marina with Gibraltar and Morocco in the distance. The bars can be a little loud at night but got used to it. Its a fantastic place. If all is still giong well then i might get anotehr 11 months there when it comes up for renewal.

Sadly I havnt really had much chance to get my camera out. Ive just been in a routine the last 6 months with going to work and stuff. I forget im even in Spain sometimes. Just every now and again i could be driving down the coast road and think. OMG.. Im living in spain!!! gee!!

Great though. havnt looked back.
Things seem to be healing a little bit between me and Terri as well. Still some way to go, but you never know.

I was going to do a "Adventures of Onlineamiga 6 months on" thread on the 6th month anniversary of me landing. Sadly during that time, i was just breaking up with my Ex and something happened at work which really didnt have me in the best of moods. So i postponed it. But watch this space