Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

having a 'down' day

having a 'down' day

Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:43 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default having a 'down' day

Feeling very feed up today, we had viewers booked tonight then they cancelled, just generally feeling like we will never get to Spain, have no energy to do anything, I know we've got to get rid of summer house to improve parking, that entails lots of work, and have run out of steam!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: having a 'down' day

Originally Posted by silverchick
Feeling very feed up today, we had viewers booked tonight then they cancelled, just generally feeling like we will never get to Spain, have no energy to do anything, I know we've got to get rid of summer house to improve parking, that entails lots of work, and have run out of steam!!
So how are you getting on with sorting out your stuff and being drastic? Check you list of jobs and make sure that all that can be ticked is ticked. Pat yourself on the back for choosing to move to Spain. Write a list of must have's re make- up etc and check whether these can be bought in Spain. Ring an old friend for a natter and arrange for a night out with her and a few others.

Make a cup of tea and put your feet up and browse through your photo's of places and people in UK. Think of places and people that you want photo's of and work out when you can take them.

It will happen and the more positive you are the quicker it will occur, so stop thinking negative thoughts and start to look at positive ways to use the time.

Easier said than done I know but it is the only way.

Rosemary
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:07 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry silverchick, most of us have been in that situation. It gets very frustrating but just hang in there.
You'll soon be out here trying to tolerate Brit knuckledraggers along with the rest of us!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

BIG from Gandia - chin up, it will all work out
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Don't worry silverchick, most of us have been in that situation. It gets very frustrating but just hang in there.
You'll soon be out here trying to tolerate Brit knuckledraggers along with the rest of us!
We feel the same sometimes but we just sit down and talk about the positive things.We are going to Calpe for the month in october.From there we intend to travel around,meet the people ask a lot of questions and plan for the future.I have given power of attorny to my son,so if we get a reasonable offer on the house we wont have to rush home,he can deal with it.It may take us a while to buy something as it is better to find a place we can settle. No good having a nice place if you dont like the area.
Renting is a must at first.
So when you are feeling down and frustrated,think of the plans you have for the future,you will soon feel better.

CHIN UP
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

Hey silverchick, that's not like you

Have you got any nice CDs with sultry latin/spanish music? Does the job for me when I get peed off, glass of wine in one hand, music playing, then it's the sun in my face, sand between my toes and I'm off! Just keep looking ahead, and before you know it, you'll never look behind again!!!

Nats xx
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Drawing on my samaritans training here, come on pull yourself woman:curse:

Hope a new day brings new joys, and think, some time soon - you on the beach:-

Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:31 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll be in Spain before you know it .. in the meantime think of all the reasons you have to be happy and try to make the most of your current situation.. another autumn in England, surely that can't be bad? I personally can't wait to go back in October just in time to see the leaves change .. Spain will be there when you are ready to move ..
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:33 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/gareth-h/
That made me smile too.. you find the most cheerful pictures!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:00 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leighbloke

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...th-h/happy.jpg
Hope i won't look quite as round or jaundiced!!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:00 am
Fed up in England!!

Thank you everybody I will try and cheer up now!