Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Have you got your Eco sticker?

Have you got your Eco sticker?

Old Feb 5th 2023, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you got your Eco sticker?

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
I can see alot of cars getting h-plates. but have you seen the requirements ? It's only for driving to a show (I think 6k km a year?)
Nope H plates in Spain allow you to drive up to 3000km a year (this is mainly an insurance condition), you get free road tax (in some places), ITV extended to once every two or three years
And the cost starts at around €1200
I looked at this with a company in Alicante and it takes ages to get the plates, the car needs an engineers report that it is as near to standard as possible (no electronic ignition if you fitted it, dials that wernt on the car, engine upgrades, changes to lights) the only thing you are allowed is to have the head machined and hardened valve seats added to run unleaded petrol.

I would have had to rip out the aftermarket dash in the Moke, refit the original headlights (i upgraded to newer H4 halogens) and refit a manual fuel pump (as electric were not fitted at the age of it)
Then the paperwork goes to the government department to assess, they can call you to see the car, you then get to take it for a full ITV (like a real uk MOT) and then that paperwork goes back along with your original plates (oh during this time you cannot drive said vehicle as you dont have any original paperwork). After a couple of months your new plates arrive they can be fitted and the car goes back for another ITV to allow you to drive it..

Thats a worst case though. The company told me that the engineer (who comes from the university of Alicante) sometimes overlooks small details (but not my dash) as he has to put photographs in...

I decided that it just wasn't worth all the hassle to get a longer time between ITV's (the Moke has to be done 2x a year) and to save €60 on the car tax.
The insurance remains the same as I have fully comp plus, with a guaranteed value, I have to send pictures of all four sides of the car and the speedometer every year to the company (although if the cable accidentally slipped off Id be the only one to know).... Good old fashioned cars eh....

Having owned and run a few Classics in the Uk I can safely say Spain has no idea at all.
And to be honest there are very few cars on the road in the UK as daily drivers more than 10 or 15 years old anyway...

Oh and another thing mine is only 34 years old, there are at least 5 cars older than that in this village alone, the Moke looks brand new with only 80,000k on the clock, my FIL owns a diesel from 1999 and there must be hundreds of cars around here with the old style reg numbers.
The Spanish just dont change their cars that often and why would anyone think of paying the stupid sums 'Classics" go for here. You would not imagine the weird looks I get when explaining why I wanted to pay more for a 1988 car with no doors a canvas roof and no power steering or servo brakes.
And it cost me more than most nearly new family cars cost..

What will happen is, people just wont go to the cities (not that many do anyway) unless its for work..

And I still havent seen just how the system will work. Is it camera based as in London?
Old Feb 5th 2023, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej

And I still havent seen just how the system will work. Is it camera based as in London?
here is the "way it works in Valencia"

https://www.levante-emv.com/valencia...-81872201.html
Old Feb 5th 2023, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
here is the "way it works in Valencia"

https://www.levante-emv.com/valencia...-81872201.html

Ah cameras that will 'look' for the sticker...
And hopefully ANPR built in or I could just 'borrow' a friends sticker....

Seeing as I hate driving in cities these days, we usually park at an outlying station and travel in that way.
I will get my sticker for the Citroen anyway at some point.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 9:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said already, all towns (not just cities) of over 50000 residents qualify as restricted zones. You don’t have to travel far to find one of those.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My wife tried to buy online with correos and was told all sold out???.So she emailed and was told that they are trying to sort the problem out???
Old Feb 6th 2023, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Try DGT https://www.pegatinas-dgt.com/en
Old Feb 6th 2023, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
that’s the link I followed and they said two weeks on the acknowledgement. The updated to say there would be a weeks delay. However it was back in two weeks and two days.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 11:19 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

They now ask that you order via Correos. However, been trying all morning and I can't add anything to the basket. Anyone else managed?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
They now ask that you order via Correos. However, been trying all morning and I can't add anything to the basket. Anyone else managed?
I must have been lucky I got mine about 3 weeks ago using the link and my sticker arrived a within a few days. Mines the C sticker
Old Feb 21st 2023, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic help provided here! Thanks. Just purchased the sticker at https://www.pegatinas-dgt.com/en! So easy!
Old Feb 21st 2023, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Ordered mine on the 12th Feb, it was posted 13th and it arrived here on the 16th...
Nice C sticker for the Citroen, Ive contacted them about the Moke and it appears that most cities have an exemption system that allows you to pay for single days..
Didn't get any costing as I was told to contact each place I wanted to visit directly as the DGT are not the enforcers..

Old Feb 21st 2023, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
Fantastic help provided here! Thanks. Just purchased the sticker at https://www.pegatinas-dgt.com/en! So easy!
Yes that's same link I used no problem whatsoever
Old Feb 21st 2023, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we are voting for this as the easiest Spanish admin process ever!
Old Feb 21st 2023, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spainrico
Looks like we are voting for this as the easiest Spanish admin process ever!
Yep... And with this century nearly 1/4 done its nice that Spain seem to be finally getting into 20th century stuff..

Although I didnt see the point of ordering the stand when the sticker just 'sticks' to the windscreen, its not as if you can use it on more than one vehicle...
Old Feb 21st 2023, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not only Spain that introduced these zones! We were in Bristol at the weekend and our hotel lift had had a poster describing where the cities clean air zones are. Good to know since when we take the car in summer we will entering at least two of those zones. If we had not got ours there would have been the potential for fines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.