Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Haulage strikes affecting anyone?

Haulage strikes affecting anyone?

Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:44 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Haulage strikes affecting anyone?

been watching the tv feed that are coming in all day and just watching for two night news , and one the OB unit can get there as some one for got to fill it up
OB outside Brodcast unit , van with the dish on it
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:58 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Bleeding marvelous The OH has just done a 'quick trip' to the UK, on buisness & is going to be heading back on Thursday Via Cherbourg-Irun to Alicante.
Any news on the border crossing at Irun ? & hows it going through Bordeaux ?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:00 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grebo
Bleeding marvelous The OH has just done a 'quick trip' to the UK, on buisness & is going to be heading back on Thursday Via Cherbourg-Irun to Alicante.
I would be more worried about fuelling up here in Spain. If this keeps going there may well be very little fuel available by Thursday/Friday.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

spanishfamily is on a distinguished road

The Malaga local paper (Malaga Hoy) says today that supermarkets here will start running out of supplies and petrol stations will run out of petrol from Thursday if the strike carries on.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:17 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I would be more worried about fuelling up here in Spain. If this keeps going there may well be very little fuel available by Thursday/Friday.
Knew I should have bought that bike last week Just got back from mukydonna, as mrsjdr says just like a third world shop, looks like I will have to dust the bread maker off and get baking.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I think some roads into/out of Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Cadiz and Bilbao are/will be blocked.

To check the state of the roads:
http://www.dgt.es/portal/informacion...comunidad&ca=1
also,
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundomotor/t...cidencias.html

El mundo's analysis of the strike and how to get through it:
http://www.elmundo.es/mundodinero/20...213062226.html

http://www.elmundo.es/mundodinero/20...213081816.html

Last edited by Carol&John; Jun 10th 2008 at 4:56 pm. Reason: include Cadiz
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

I managed to fill car up at the 4th petrol station I tried tonight - and it only had one pump running. Our village Supersol seemed well stocked and not busy but bigger supermarkets are reported to be running low on fresh food. On the news last night most petrol stations in Malaga city district had run out of diesel. The local place where we get gas bottles was also closed today.

Last edited by sunnydee; Jun 10th 2008 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/econo...lpepieco_9/Tes
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

derek.j.a is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here´s Carrefour in Torrevieja today

Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've just been to the supermarket and there is no real sign of shortages. Plenty of fruit and veg, masses of meat.

The locals don't seem to be panic-buying, but I spotted a British gentleman who had two trollies containing 24 large bottles of water Honestly, that's just silly...

Speaking to the guy at the petrol station, he reckoned there was enough 'normal' diesel until tomorrow, much more of the expensive diesel, and enough noventa y cinco for 3-4 days.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

derek.j.a is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twyntub
And enough noventa y cinco for 3-4 days.
Any chance of shipping some our way
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've just been to the supermarket and there is no real sign of shortages. Plenty of fruit and veg, masses of meat.

The locals don't seem to be panic-buying, but I spotted a British gentleman who had two trollies containing 24 large bottles of water Honestly, that's just silly...

Speaking to the guy at the petrol station, he reckoned there was enough 'normal' diesel until tomorrow, much more of the expensive diesel, and enough noventa y cinco for 3-4 days.
It`s only the Brits that panic buy. ;-))
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:35 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s only the Brits that panic buy. ;-))
Someone should tell that to the holiday makers here,
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:49 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

that the offter if you buy 23 bottles, off out date water you get one free one that still in date 50cl and heard he drink befor got to his car
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Been mayhem round these parts, queses as long as 20 to 30 cars to each row of pumps.

Can't help but laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.