Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard about the PIGGIN Budget? ?*$

Has anyone heard about the PIGGIN Budget? ?*$

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:33 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What is the Chancellor on????

Originally Posted by brisca
Oh Chris!
What can I say?

Take a few deep breaths, put some REALLY loud music on, stomp around a bit, have a rant and a rave, and then............................

Take a few more deep breaths, and plan something really fun to do tomorrow!

Go for a run on the beach with the dog
Eat a whole cream cake to yourself (but don't tell Lionda!)
Go for a walk in the rain (it's bound to be raining, right?)
Smash something (like old crockery that you don't want to bring to Spain)
Look at all the photos on the "Favourite pictures of Spain" thread, and think
"I'll be there soon, and away from (most) of this hassle!"
Meet a friend for lunch
Go for a swim

And if all else fails, take the Grand kids out in the 4x4, shouting
"we hate Gordon Brown!!"
The sound of the children laughing should make you smile, at least

Chin up - it can only get better

Hugs from,
Sam xx

Lol Thanks Sam! That did the trick! By the way, talking of cakes, it's your fault you lot! Talking about cakes yesterday! You couldn't just mention them could you? No, you all ganged up and went on and on!
I went out lunchtime to get some more Coffeemate as had run out at work, and thought I would pick up a sandwhich or somnething. But they have moved EVERYTHING around in the supermarket, and all I could find were ? You guessed it! CAKES! So ended up buing 2 danish and some chocolate profiteroles. Thought of you lot as soon as I saw the cakes!
Ate the Danish at work for lunch, and polished of the profiteroles at home for dinner! That's all I've had all day! I daren't eat anything else today!
Rotten lot, but you have all made me feel better! Cheers!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the Chancellor on????

That's my girl!!

Just watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" - she would be proud of you!

Nite nite (will reply to your PM tomorrow, honest!)

Sam xx
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:37 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What is the Chancellor on????

Originally Posted by big wheels
2p of standard income tax, thanks very much, and not before time!
2p off corporation tax, nice for business

You forgot to mention that these reductions are not planned until 2008.
so if the Uk economy does not preform as well as Gordon Brown is hoping for.
Then the next person in charge of the purse strings will have to raise the money for them by other means.
Thanks Big wheels, I missed that bit! Doh! I was probably saying things like, oh dear, and oh goodness and gracious me!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:41 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

Talking Re: What is the Chancellor on????

That's my girl!!

Sam xx
Hi Sam! I LOVE that film! Like the bit where she is REALLY fed up, and she keeps checking her phone messages which advise "You have NO new calls, not 1, not even from your Mother!! Ha Ha Ha Lol
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:53 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

Smile Re: What is the Chancellor on????

That's my girl!!

Sam xx
And I would be proud to BE her, but I draw the line at those "BLOOMERS"! Ha Ha! Night night babe!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

chrisw, I have merged the threads and deleted the double posts for you. ;-)
I`m just going for a lay down, phew.

Last edited by jdr; Mar 22nd 2007 at 7:09 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 2:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone heard about the PIGGIN Budget? ?*$

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi all!
I really did't want to do this , because the more I think about it the madder I get! :curse:
For all of you in Spain, good on yer!
For those of us still trying to escape, What is the Chancellor on???
Whoops! forgot to mention, I am doing away with the 10p income tax rate! ???
2p off corporation tax, nice for business!
Petrol UP
Car tax UP.
Got a 4x4, very economical and versatile, great for the dog and 5 grand kids. Already been put through the mill by the GREENIES - "people shouldn't have 4x4s they are killing the environment! they should have Ford Mondeos!" What have they got against 4x4s? They are safe, and having been in involved in a car accident years ago which caused irreperable damage to my back why shoul I be penalised for my chioce of car? Do they attack sports cars? NO! Do they attack luxury cars? NO! And nor should they, but they do!
I had a PIGGIN Mondeo and I got worse milage on that than I get on my 4x4!! ?? I also got to work in the snow when they didn't!
Now the Ba****d has put the car tax up to £300 pounds this year, rising to £400 next year!!! :curse:
One in 5 will be worse off! And guess what income bracket they are in?
I can't talk about this any more 'cause I'm so PIGGIN angry! And I'm sorry if I keep sayin' PIGGIN, but if I didn't kepp sayin' PIGGIN, I would have to PIGGIN say something a lot PIGGIN stronger!
I thought I would feel better getting it off my chest, but I don't.
Could do with some SERIOUS soothing now guys!

Chrissed off!!
I understood it was only for 4x4's post 2001.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Thanks Sam! That did the trick! By the way, talking of cakes, it's your fault you lot! Talking about cakes yesterday! You couldn't just mention them could you? No, you all ganged up and went on and on!
I went out lunchtime to get some more Coffeemate as had run out at work, and thought I would pick up a sandwhich or somnething. But they have moved EVERYTHING around in the supermarket, and all I could find were ? You guessed it! CAKES! So ended up buing 2 danish and some chocolate profiteroles. Thought of you lot as soon as I saw the cakes!
Ate the Danish at work for lunch, and polished of the profiteroles at home for dinner! That's all I've had all day! I daren't eat anything else today!
Rotten lot, but you have all made me feel better! Cheers!
Sorry - think I started the cake thing Well today I am eating FISH - very healthy and doesn't put any weight on so no guilty complex Been nibbling on fishsticks, had kippers for lunch and cooked a fish curry for dinner with Quinoa.

As for the budget - well, I think you have said it all
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its the same old story mate .... giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. Hes been doing it ever since he got there, and whoever takes over from him will do it as well as Brown will rule with a rod of iron.

No way out Chris

EVACUATE .... EVACUATE .... EVACUATE .... EVACUATE
Maybe it should be

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

I listened from here in Ontario and could not believe what I was hearing......did you listen to Brownose on Jeremy Vine this morning? It doesn't even affect me, but I'm mad as hell about it too........I was almost tempted to throw the computer out the window.......
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:34 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
chrisw, I have merged the threads and deleted the double posts for you. ;-)
I`m just going for a lay down, phew.
Im just glad that it isent just me causing you to lay down ,well not until I get something else in the head I need to sort out,Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Im just glad that it isent just me causing you to lay down ,well not until I get something else in the head I need to sort out,Cheers
lol, nice to see the decent text has returned ;-)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:15 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It was bugging me,now I know how it works Im not that bothered,but its nice when you need it
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
I really did't want to do this , because the more I think about it the madder I get! :curse:
For all of you in Spain, good on yer!
For those of us still trying to escape, What is the Chancellor on???
Whoops! forgot to mention, I am doing away with the 10p income tax rate! ???
2p off corporation tax, nice for business!
Petrol UP
Car tax UP.
Got a 4x4, very economical and versatile, great for the dog and 5 grand kids. Already been put through the mill by the GREENIES - "people shouldn't have 4x4s they are killing the environment! they should have Ford Mondeos!" What have they got against 4x4s? They are safe, and having been in involved in a car accident years ago which caused irreperable damage to my back why shoul I be penalised for my chioce of car? Do they attack sports cars? NO! Do they attack luxury cars? NO! And nor should they, but they do!
I had a PIGGIN Mondeo and I got worse milage on that than I get on my 4x4!! ?? I also got to work in the snow when they didn't!
Now the Ba****d has put the car tax up to £300 pounds this year, rising to £400 next year!!! :curse:
One in 5 will be worse off! And guess what income bracket they are in?
I can't talk about this any more 'cause I'm so PIGGIN angry! And I'm sorry if I keep sayin' PIGGIN, but if I didn't kepp sayin' PIGGIN, I would have to PIGGIN say something a lot PIGGIN stronger!
I thought I would feel better getting it off my chest, but I don't.
Could do with some SERIOUS soothing now guys!

Chrissed off!!
Just got my car tax bill for this year, €37.50 FOR THE YEAR excuse me while I laugh. Diesel only 89c per litre
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
never a truer word spoken!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:07 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just got my car tax bill for this year, €37.50 FOR THE YEAR excuse me while I laugh. Diesel only 89c per litre
Bastard!

I pay about £140 a week on average!

Self employed and everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.