Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had experience of Aeromax

Has anyone had experience of Aeromax

Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of
Default Has anyone had experience of Aeromax

Hi all, we have now successfully completed on our house - yay!!

Our sellers left us with an Aeromax (microwave?) system that covers phone, internet and TV which seemed fine when it was on - and much better than our service in the UK I have to say. We weren't left with any details of the package we had, the services we should expect from Aeromax or the charges by our vendors and so we panicked and told our Solicitor to cancel the contract she had set up for us which was to simply take over what the previous owners had had.

Whomever we contract with we need to be able to switch the service on and off, as we shall not be resident in Spain full time, but travelling back and forth for a few years.

Now that we are back in the UK we have the time to find out what services are available to us and make an informed decision about whose services to contract. The vendors told us that Aeromax was their provider of choice and that, although there were more local providers, the local providers were not as good. Someone locally has told us that the local providers give good service and that Aeromax does not have a good reputation

Discuss ..........
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone had experience of Aeromax

Not heard of Aeroax, we use Conecta 3 in Pinoso, same system on microwave dish, its a very good service. Inclusive of tax it is 35€ per month for a 6gb internet service and it is 6gb I frequently check! and phone line. I don't know if you can switch 'on and off' though (with any provider) Conect 3 does offer instant cancellation without penalties-you just go into the office and ask to be switched off. It's up by the post office.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Hi I live in Agost nr Alicante, we have Aeromax for phone and internet

Have found their service very good , and quite easy to contact in English if there are any problems.

We used to be on a tariff you could turn on and off but it was quite expensive
So now we pay 25€plus iva pm for 6mb internet 24hrs , free land line Spain, Uk and 100 min Spanish mobiles

We used to be with Telifonoica but they were useless - expensive , poor customer service, dial up internet , radio track phone with no possibility of upgrade after 7 years !

Cheers Tony
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:53 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Not heard of Aeroax, we use Conecta 3 in Pinoso, same system on microwave dish, its a very good service. Inclusive of tax it is 35€ per month for a 6gb internet service and it is 6gb I frequently check! and phone line. I don't know if you can switch 'on and off' though (with any provider) Conect 3 does offer instant cancellation without penalties-you just go into the office and ask to be switched off. It's up by the post office.
Do you mean 6 mb download speed "Bandwidth" or 6Gb Capped download quantity?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

MrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud ofMrsMac59 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Thanks again for your helpful response. What is the download limit? We can be heavy users at times, particularly when all the children are at home, and now that there are weddings in the offing our child count is about to double
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Do you mean 6 mb download speed "Bandwidth" or 6Gb Capped download quantity?
6gb download speed, there is no capped limit with Conect 3 at least that I have run into. I should say the price I quoted above was inclusive of IVA plus a few calls to the UK, calls to other conect users are free of charge.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Three of us on Tossal Gros had Aeromax, after two others had been using it for some time.

None of us were unhappy. You can turn it off when you arent there and pay a lower rate. Theres a charge for having the dish fitted, but to get a decent reliable internet speed it was worth it
Old Apr 9th 2014, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for your help. I think I'll go back to them and ask them to send me out details of their packages. We did actually pay the sellers of our house the deposit they had paid Aeromax when the dish was fitted so we can either keep the service on or hand the dish back and recover the deposit.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:22 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

we too are with areomax.
We put the dish up ourselfs with no trouble.
Works great even watch uk tv now...