Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone driven to Spain since Jan 1st 2021

Has anyone driven to Spain since Jan 1st 2021

Old Apr 28th 2021, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone driven to Spain since Jan 1st 2021

DLC, if I did have German residency as you say, a lot of the problems may be easier to overcome, but currently I don't. I'm still a UK resident thus as mentioned, the 90/180 rule is effective but I have flexibility to work with that. I am working on the residency issue though.
Worst case is if Spain still holds to the only residents entering then I will be unable to go. If Spain opens up but France say only residents of Spain can pass through/transit, I can't drive but would have to fly which I'd rather not. I'd rather have my own car in Spain for the part of the summer I want to be there as my place is out in the sticks and I'd love to get to it because it's already been broken in to once.

Unfortunately I've got quite a complicated set of events that mean I may or may not be fully vaccinated by the time I want to go, I may or may not need a PCR test (or whatever test is accepted then) which I have to factor in where to get it and the times involved after getting it to enter Spain, plus due to personal reasons I'll be driving via Germany from Bosnia so will also need a PCR test to enter Germany and possible quarantine but will need to see what at the time the transit regulations are for Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, never mind France!
The only thing I can say in my defence is that my complications weren't complications in the time before Covid and never expected to be so. But they are now and I have to adjust to them.