Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Harleys in Fuengirola

Harleys in Fuengirola

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:48 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harleys in Fuengirola

The Sur in English mentions that the Harleys are convoying through the streets on Saturday morning in Fuengirola, does anyone know what time?

(i have a girl who wants to see it!! )
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:20 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Harleys in Fuengirola

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
The Sur in English mentions that the Harleys are convoying through the streets on Saturday morning in Fuengirola, does anyone know what time?

(i have a girl who wants to see it!! )

Hi Andrew

A long time since I have spoke with you........Can't help you with your question but hey you have a girl. I went to Ronda to day (very sore feet tonight) and the Harleys were out in force I have taken photo's that I hope to post later for the bikers on this forum, will get around to it soon, hopefully.

Take care Andrew regards crispy
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:37 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Ji Andrew, great to hear from you again, hope all is going well with job and life.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew hows it hanging ?
There were loads there last week, near the feria ground, probably doing a reccy. I posted some pics for MnM but can`t remember which thread, doh.
We saw hundreds on the way to Gib yesterday.
The Sur says tomorrow morning, no time, 8000 Harleys here, wow.
Don`t tell MnM she will be well sick ;-))
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:02 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I posted some pics for MnM but can`t remember which thread, doh.
We saw hundreds on the way to Gib yesterday.
The Sur says tomorrow morning, no time, 8000 Harleys here, wow.
Don`t tell MnM she will be well sick ;-))
The pics are in the infamous moan, groan, whinge & complain thread...and more specifically here....

I am with them in spirit, but truthfully I would rather be there than here

Nevermind, we'll be riding tomorrow in Oliva!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
The pics are in the infamous moan, groan, whinge & complain thread...and more specifically here....

I am with them in spirit, but truthfully I would rather be there than here

Nevermind, we'll be riding tomorrow in Oliva!
Thanks, I am taking me vid with me so maybe post it on here for you if it turns out ok. ;-))
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:08 am
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks, I am taking me vid with me so maybe post it on here for you if it turns out ok. ;-))
Jdr, that would be super!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all
Default Harley Madness in Fuengirola

Don't know if you know about the Harley weekend 'week' in Fuengirola, if you live here you will as there is no escaping it.

Each year the different chapters of the Harley clubs plus other bike riders meet up around Europe, this year it is Fuengirola's turn, at the last count the estimate was 6,000 machines!!! Even if your not into bikes in a big way it is amazing to see the different machines, even the local police have taken part.

Yesterday there was was a competition at Fuengirola castle for the most beautiful Harley in Europe, didn't actually get the time to get to it!

Lots of complaints from the locals, they don't seem to like the 'hard man' characters or the noise, noise, noise, did I mention the noise? I have actually found most of these people to be generally not a problem, and the noise... I guess it is worth putting up with for a week 'it was really bad last night'. Brings in money to the town 'yes many of these people seem to be very well off, mind you it would take you to be to own a 22,000 euros 'toy' I guess. Also it generates interest in something that is not the norm in Fuengirola. I took a walk down to the Feria ground night before last and some of these bikes are amazing, and the atmosphere was quite electric.

If you are near Fuengirola and don't know about this then might be worth a short drive to have a look at the bikes at the feria ground.

Last edited by spaino; Jun 23rd 2007 at 8:09 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harley Madness in Fuengirola

There is a post about this in Siesta time, JDR has taken his video camera, should be fun, and noisy!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

Oh I didn't see that, maybe one of the admin can move it over?

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

I started a new post on this, sorry didn't realise this was here. I don't want to cross post so hopefully someone will move it over, anyway... this has been building up all week, last count yesterday morning was estimated to be around 6,000 bikes with more expected to arrive yesterday.

Here are a couple of photos from my mobile, sorry they are not great quality but still...
Attached Thumbnails Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc00088.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc00093.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc00096.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc00100.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc00098.jpg  

Last edited by spaino; Jun 23rd 2007 at 9:04 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, sure they will, great pics by the way, jdr is there now, all the bikes and riders getting ready for the parade, he is filming it as we speak
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:26 am
MnM

Originally Posted by spaino
I started a new post on this, sorry didn't realise this was here. I don't want to cross post so hopefully someone will move it over, anyway... this has been building up all week, last count yesterday morning was estimated to be around 6,000 bikes with more expected to arrive yesterday.

Here are a couple of photos from my mobile, sorry they are not great quality but still...
Great photos Spaino.

Thanks for taking the time to share
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

No probs, I live in town and there is a hotel on the seafront end of my street where many of these bikers are staying, so I just popped down to give you freaks something to keep the adrenaline rush at bay until Jdr gets back with his video....
Attached Thumbnails Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02170.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02184.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02183.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02172.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02173.jpg  

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

dito... a few more.

Now I'm off to pull out my leathers, jump on my Peugeot 49cc and go round to have a look myself, I hope I don't embarrass them with my powerful hardcore machine, or should I say... embarrass myself?
Attached Thumbnails Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02175.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02176.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02177.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02178.jpg   Harleys in Fuengirola-dsc02180.jpg  

Last edited by spaino; Jun 23rd 2007 at 9:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.