Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Happy Winterval everyone!

Happy Winterval everyone!

Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy Winterval everyone!

I'm getting in before that bastard Mikelinks does!

Happy Winterval to one and all!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Winterval everyone!

Same to you Matt, but I refuse to acknowledge the arrival of winter until 21 December!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 5:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Same to you Matt, but I refuse to acknowledge the arrival of winter until 21 December!
We are getting minus 15 by the end of the week... apparently....
Old Nov 28th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Gritting lorries are out tonight!!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 8:33 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lmj50
Gritting lorries are out tonight!!
What? I thought the country was broke? Why the hell are we wasting grit on Welsh roads?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
I agree - when we complaining about the bitterly cold winds yesterday, some of my students were 'what do you expect in Winter?'

I maintain that it's not officially winter until after Dec 21st - the winter solstice

but I just googled & read that in the UK that's considered midwinter

so they were right ........ ish

I reckon since they don't live in the UK they were wrong
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Well according to National Geographic the winter solstice is the first day of winter in the northern hemisphere, and that's good enough for me!

I like the word Winterval, I wish there was a Spanish equivalent. It starts on 6 December (Constitución) and goes on till 6 January (Los Reyes), during which period the average Spaniard gains 4 kilos in weight!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
What? I thought the country was broke? Why the hell are we wasting grit on Welsh roads?

haha, paid for by the Welsh Govt. That you pay to lol
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:56 pm
Straw Man.

haha, paid for by the Welsh Govt. That you pay to lol
I bet you is impressed I haven't mentioned "you know what" yet eh?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

I bet you is impressed I haven't mentioned "you know what" yet eh?
Oh shit Please don't lol.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:07 pm
Straw Man.

Oh shit Please don't lol.
I won't.... we get them on Saturday and I'm trying not to get too smug....
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

I won't.... we get them on Saturday and I'm trying not to get too smug....
Let's hope the All Blacks don't resort to thuggery again!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:31 am
Straw Man.

Or the England players milk it like the Welsh do eh?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

According to BBC news yesterday, all but 2 of the All Blacks had been struck down by winter vomiting disease.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:29 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Lynn R
According to BBC news yesterday, all but 2 of the All Blacks had been struck down by winter vomiting disease.
They are getting their excuses in early.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.