Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Happy Thread!!

The Happy Thread!!

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:59 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Happy Thread!!

And it's rock hard.
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, you guessed it.........

My plaster of course!
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate45
And of course I have a glass of Red wine to enjoy as well
Cheers, I will drink to that. lol
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:03 pm
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Derbyflan,George has glucosamine with chondroitin every day,he had a cartlidge removed just before Xmas,he has arthiritis in his leg,hes fine has long has he does not over-do it........... the other day we were walking up a track on the moors,I let him off the lead,the next thing I new he spotted the sheep and took off like a whippet He crossed a river and was on his way up a flamin mountain ,we managed to coaxe him back,but the jumping through the bracken and crossing the river took its toll on his legs,he was struggling when we got him home,but thank goodness he,s OK now.
I was a bit worried cause the op cost us £1400 ,and I intially thought he had done some more damage.Hes had two ops on that leg now,so I dont want him going through any more.........
Hiya Jandy. Poor old George has been in the wars eh? How old is he now? I had a Boxer 'til he was 13. He used to be on Metacam for his arthritis. That's great stuff but I think prolonged use can lead to liver/kidney problems. Vets only normally give it when there's only a handful of years left. But it did give him a new lease of life. I hope the £1400 came from his insurance by the way
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have just had lunch, got another call for another quote, OH is hoovering the house.........................I am happy!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbylane
Hiya Jandy. Poor old George has been in the wars eh? How old is he now? I had a Boxer 'til he was 13. He used to be on Metacam for his arthritis. That's great stuff but I think prolonged use can lead to liver/kidney problems. Vets only normally give it when there's only a handful of years left. But it did give him a new lease of life. I hope the £1400 came from his insurance by the way
Yes George has been on Metacam,but has you say not good for long term use,I generally have some in for emergencies but have run out at the mo.No the insurance would not cover him.. they said it was because it was the same leg he had a cruciate done two years ago.They paid for that,but would not pay again,when I read the policy it says that a condition is only covered for twelve months from the first day of treatment.George is five now,he has quietened down a lot now,but does tend to over-do it now and again.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I am still happy, been out for a ride in the wind and rain because no materials turned up again..................but I'm still happy.
Ok Matt..you are happy, so can you send a bucket load of it my way PLEASE??

Just can't seem to shake off this down feeling at the moment. It just seems that every poosible obstacle is being put in our way as far as getting to CB is concerned at the moment.

In fact, change that order, make it a skip full!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Ok Matt..you are happy, so can you send a bucket load of it my way PLEASE??

Just can't seem to shake off this down feeling at the moment. It just seems that every poosible obstacle is being put in our way as far as getting to CB is concerned at the moment.

In fact, change that order, make it a skip full!
Think of the bigger picture...the house cant stay on sale for ever can it?

Deal with each and every obstacle as an individual event, don't allow them to clutter up together..............hold on.............................

WOMAN! HOVER QUIETLY FFS!!!.............................

and once you break them into little things then they don't seem a problem at all, just little things you need to deal with before you go.

Dont sweat the little things.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:03 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an idea for you CM.....forget the fresh flowers! Cook kippers for breakfast, then something with plenty of garlic for lunch and finish off dinner with danish blue (the one which smells like sweaty feet ) and crackers. You can be sure of a viewing Then all you have to do is rush around opening doors and windows before they arrive
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Think of the bigger picture...the house cant stay on sale for ever can it?

Deal with each and every obstacle as an individual event, don't allow them to clutter up together..............hold on.............................

WOMAN! HOVER QUIETLY FFS!!!.............................

and once you break them into little things then they don't seem a problem at all, just little things you need to deal with before you go.

Dont sweat the little things.
Originally Posted by Lionda
Here's an idea for you CM.....forget the fresh flowers! Cook kippers for breakfast, then something with plenty of garlic for lunch and finish off dinner with danish blue (the one which smells like sweaty feet ) and crackers. You can be sure of a viewing Then all you have to do is rush around opening doors and windows before they arrive
Thanks for that. I am in danger of hijacking this thread and making it the UNHAPPY thread.

Is this just something everyone goes through, and part of the adventure of getting to Spain? 'Cos if it is, it sucks big time! I am usually such a bubbly person, and never let things get me down, but just at the moment I really do feel depressed.

As for the fish thing, Lionda, strange you should say that, but the other night I did a lovely Spanish fish stew which was delicious, but stunk the house out for over 24 hours. OH said that if anyone came to view they would have to be given pegs to put on their noses before they entered.

To make matters worse we saw a property almost identical to ours, and less than one mile away, newly on the market at £15,000 below our price. Hold on, no, it was better as it had a lot of land with it. OH thinks it might be the start of the slump in property prices. Oh shut up Sally, you will depress everyone else! We have asked for a meeting with our agent next week, see what he has to say about things.

Think I will clear off of the computer for a while. Sorry, as you all were...back to being happy!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Im Happy now house is nearly done i have also had my eyebrows done
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate45
Ok just visiting you all in your warm countries while I freeze here in Oz ...but I'm happy kids are in bed, OH is watching TV so life is peaceful and I'm happy

Cheers
The weathers just the wrong way around down there isn't it!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:11 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy NOT , failed my motorbike test and had to walk home in torrential rain.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:14 pm
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
I'm happy NOT , failed my motorbike test and had to walk home in torrential rain.
Unlucky pal. I've quite fancied doing that. How much have you spent on lessons so far?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:18 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Unlucky pal. I've quite fancied doing that. How much have you spent on lessons so far?
Not alot, I did used to ride alot before I moved to spain on a provisional.. thought I could have passed back then. Main reason I came back was to do my test. Not that far from it, best doing it here than in Spain I reckon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.