halloween

Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default halloween

So so, getting to that time of year. Do I need to stock up on chocolates and stuff or am I going to have an evening free of people begging for things?

In other words, do they do Halloween here? If they do, is it the same as UK/American style?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: halloween

Google "El Dia de los Muertos", November 2nd.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I think its called All souls day............cant remember.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
So so, getting to that time of year. Do I need to stock up on chocolates and stuff or am I going to have an evening free of people begging for things?

In other words, do they do Halloween here? If they do, is it the same as UK/American style?

The shops have all the gear in them but it does depend on where you live what will happen. Ours is a sleepy town and slow at taking on other countries' traditions. There were about 6 kids knocking on neighbours doors in our street last year asking very nicely for caramellos and explaining that it was trick or treat. Many of the people did not know what they were talking about. When they came to our house one went to knock and another said that we are English and would not understand. I leaned out of the window and asked her why they were not knocking because we had sweets. Needless to say that as the evening wore on and no more children arrived I called them back for the rest of the sweets.

Rosemary
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The shops have all the gear in them but it does depend on where you live what will happen. Ours is a sleepy town and slow at taking on other countries' traditions. There were about 6 kids knocking on neighbours doors in our street last year asking very nicely for caramellos and explaining that it was trick or treat. Many of the people did not know what they were talking about. When they came to our house one went to knock and another said that we are English and would not understand. I leaned out of the window and asked her why they were not knocking because we had sweets. Needless to say that as the evening wore on and no more children arrived I called them back for the rest of the sweets.

Rosemary
Ok then. Blinds down and ignore the doorbell, gotcha!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:28 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

we tried that last year......and was cleaning egg off the blinds the next day

my son goes "trick or treat" with his Spanish friends every year, they all dress up in excellent costumes
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:37 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I think its called All souls day............cant remember.
1st November is All Soul's Day, it a big day in the Church (also national bank holiday) it's the day traditionally that is set aside for remembering all people that have died in the previous 12 months.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:38 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by crispygirl
1st November is All Soul's Day, it a big day in the Church (also national bank holiday) it's the day traditionally that is set aside for remembering all people that have died in the previous 12 months.
Thought the 1st was All Saints.....
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:04 pm

Thought the 1st was All Saints.....

I can only go by what my church celebrated (High Church of England) it was always called All Souls Day in our calender. you know me Matt usually wrong

Just checked it Matt you are right. 1st is All Saints day 2nd is All Souls Day. We always had a big service on the eve of 1st, must have been asleep when the big bloke up front was telling me why we were there.

Last edited by crispy; Oct 27th 2007 at 3:08 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:05 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I can only go by what my church celebrated (High Church of England) it was always called All Souls Day in our calender. you know me Matt usually wrong
I will go and check, I am going solely on memory, so it may well be utter crap, wait there.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:10 pm

I will go and check, I am going solely on memory, so it may well be utter crap, wait there.

It OK Matt, I have been able to make myself look silly all on my own, the kids learnt a long time ago to ignore what I say
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Did you go to free beer. LOL
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:11 pm
Straw Man.

Just had a look, no reference to All Souls day, so that may just be crap, or my distant memory from Spain, but the 1st is All Saints day "Todos los Santos"
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:13 pm
Straw Man.

Note to self..........<look at the thread before you post again, and don't just ignore the reply warning!>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.