Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hacienda multa (fine) for wrong dates on receipts/bills

Hacienda multa (fine) for wrong dates on receipts/bills

Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hacienda multa (fine) for wrong dates on receipts/bills

Anyone else (Autonomo) received one of these recently? My husbands system doesn't allow me to put the wrong date on a bill but they say I've put in six in the same period a year late and six receipts all labelled wrong *by exactly a year*??????. The fine for these 'infracciones' is 20 euros a time with a minimum of 300 euros. Of course if you admit this and pay up straight away you can save 75 euros on this so most people I guess do. Especially if they think they are likely to have made a 'mistake' and don't want any investigations into their books ;-) When I went to my Gestor to find out what it was she explained the above. What was strange is that it seems she has a pile of these fines for the first time this year and it's about 'intercomunitarias' payments in and out from abroad. We could believe we had made a mistake or two with the payments but not with the incomes. I'm not sure if they're fining on both or doing so separately. I'm still unclear on this, but It looks to me very much like a computer mistake at their end. Of course nobody wants to go head to head with the tax authorities so I certainly don't want to put down to malice...etc. but it seems a bit fishy to me. Certainly if they have 10 of these for example (I don't know how big her pile is) at my gestor and ten at each of the other gestors in my local town and that's repeated across the country that would make a significant income for Hacienda wouldn't it
I've only just got out of the debt for the seguridad social and don't have anything to pay this fine with. My husband can pay it but we're still so close to the bottom it will stifle the embryonic new business! As my dad used to say and I need to remember it before my blood pressure gets dangerously high " Nil carberundum illigitimae" And before any latin scholars jump on me or any non scholars believe thye latin isn't real. but notionally it means "don't let the barstewards grind you down".