Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Green shoots; New businesses; Dare we hope??

Green shoots; New businesses; Dare we hope??

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:35 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Green shoots; New businesses; Dare we hope??

Well there is some great news flying around!!

Possibility of a bus service, (see attached -no commercial connection) and also interest in the bistro. The golf club is taken over by people who have resto experience, rumours are in Madrid or Barcelona, but I think its in Puerto Banus... they have sorted the horrible toilet situation in the club, so already an improvement In 2 weeks we will know their plans, they have rented a house in CE for the first few weeks to get to understand the situation. On Satuday at 16:00 there is a meeting with the golf members to discuss new plans (see below).

There is a new tourist office in the plaza next to the marina.

I have NO commercial interest but there is a new a new company TURIMSUR offering river trips from the Ayamonte marina. (Sunset cruise 12 E - great way to start an evening) - or 29E for a 3 hour cruise daily with picnic included 2x a day. The have built a small cabin at the marina, just down from the tabac to get more details.

Anyway it was the first day - and they were offering a free inaugural evening cruise! We went and quickly called John and Kath who came down and we had a fantastic evening. Free food and drink as well! We were the only non-Spanish and there were guitar players and a huge sing-song, people dancing - absolutely fantastic evening. And the warmth of the Spanish was amazing, we all got a lot of hugs and handshakes even kisses etc! On leaving the boat they shouted across the port 'Bye-Bye'. Great!!!!!

Dare I begin to hope that things are really 'gettin' better all the time' .....

Jon

The Management of Esuri River Golf, would like to invite all members to a meeting to be held at the Clubhouse on Saturday 8 June 2013 at 4:00 pm.

The meeting will cover the following, as well as allowing for questions and answers:

- Information on the legal status of the new management company.

- The current and future plans for the Golf Course.

- Membership fees and green fees.

Yours sincerely,

Mayte Muñoz.

Director Esuri River Golf
Attached Thumbnails Green shoots; New businesses; Dare we hope??-flyer-1.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Green shoots; New businesses; Dare we hope??

Jon
Sounds like things are picking up, there are those entrepreneurs out there that see glimmers of green shoots and go for it. Lets hope that they have green fingers.

Regards
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Jon
Sounds like things are picking up, there are those entrepreneurs out there that see glimmers of green shoots and go for it. Lets hope that they have green fingers.

Regards
or yellow ones....

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Positive

A slide show of the day out attached

Just hit space bar, left right keys....

Jon
Attached Files
File Type: pps
Cruise 1 June 13.pps (2.25 MB, 290 views)
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
A slide show of the day out attached

Just hit space bar, left right keys....

Jon
Nice one Jon
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, Jon. It all looks great!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Over in July may as well put the river journey on the list of to do's ! Seen the linked pictures looks lovely.
Thanks Jon.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I tried the 'go-to-golf' website mentioned in the flyer above but couldn't find it. Has anyone else had better luck?
Kath
Old Jun 5th 2013, 11:01 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

As always Jon you find the bestest things to do, resto etc and always have a positive outlook - good on yer !!

The pictures are fab and make me long to go to CE again. Will certainly try the cruise, did one up the river last year and it is a very pleasant way to see both countries, we are lucky to be able to go on a (reasonably) regular basis to such a lovely area.

Keep posting !

Mel x
Old Jun 5th 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Frank Bourne is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just tried it and it is working www.go-to-golf.jimdo.com
other wise send me a mail and I will get you connected.
Rgds
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks. That link works. If there were a bus service between CE and Ayamonte, we would certainly use it.
Kath
Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi all of you out there. Well what I thought would happen has happened. The taxi drivers of Ayamonte have found out about my plans and are up in arms. I received my first threatening phone call this morning and they are planning to do all they can to stop me running any services for you. Either the bus service or the transfer service. So you see if anybody tries to do something here on Costa Esuri it is almost impossible. I have always said I want to do this legally and have always said that I am not a Taxi company and do not want to be one. All I am doing is trying to offer you services that you have right to and at affordable prices. I still so far have my appointments at the town hall on the 17th of June with the Mayor and the responsible person for transport and tourism. I will see if this goes through or if the taxi drivers have enough power to stop the Mayor talking to me anymore. The project needs your support now more than ever if we want this to go through. If you want to support the project please mail to me private and I will take your letters of support with me.
I am very sorry that it has had to turn out to be a war with the taxi drivers of Ayamonte as that is what I have tried to avoid.
I look forward to hearing from you, [email protected]
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Philwren is an unknown quantity at this point

The trouble is you have already advertised your service and unless you are licensed it is totally illegal!! All the licenses in town for the taxi drivers are for 4 passengers only and you have advertised as for 5 people....on an airport transfer! That's clearly going to bother the taxi drivers. From what I understand a Taxi License can cost in excess of 30´000euros plus their car their tax their fuel their insurance... and they have to sit exams and get special permission by the town hall for many things and follow numerous laws set by the government ... so its no wonder when someone comes along and has not gone through that system and that expense that the legal Taxi drivers will try and stop it!! Personally I don't blame them

Its actually down to the town hall who we all pay our taxes to set up a buss service from Esuri not someone who is trying to run an illegal service!!

On the other hand I read you want to charge 5 euros per person from esuri to town....the taxi drivers charge 10 euros for up to 4 people and turn up when you call them....you do the maths!! its better and cheaper to take a taxi!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

If I need to do my maths then you should learn to read the price would be 3 euro
Also like I have mentioned before if every body is so bothered about the taxi drivers then why has nobody done it themselves. You seem to be another person who it does interest how the residents get into town. Also if the town does not supply the service then it is up to people like me to try to do something. Any way you should get your facts together first. I have asked for support from the residents because it is my intention to run this bus service legally why else should I have the appointment with the Mayor and his transport and tourism assistant.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Whitehill girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree with EMR about checks at Faro but I really feel that the comments from Esuriboy should be taken into account and not criticised because I too was given to understand that the minibus fare would be 5 euro each too. You need to look and see where this figure has coming from. Also, some of us on Esuri have been aware of unregulated/unlicensed transfers/'private hire' in the past so don't blame us for being cautious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.