Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Green Burials in Spain

Green Burials in Spain

Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Burials in Spain

Having recently had the devastating event to deal/cope with and from this all I can add is that I have not seen any 'in ground' burials here. Coffins are placed in walls and after the payment term if not paid then they move them to 'communal grave' exactly what this is I have no idea other thanit happened to someone who said it was not easy to find where their loved one had gone. The 'service' for the want of a better word that we had for my late husband was non religious then cremation.

If you have not experienced this event then please please find out all you can about the place you want to choose and all the finer details. Some British people would be horrified by the 'process' here.

As an aside if ever there was a reason for learning spanish this is a time you will really want it ! Also make your wills and keep them updated of any changes you need to make. Life and time run out so quickly.