Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Great service in Spain

Great service in Spain

Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great service in Spain

Once again I have had a great experience of friendly, helpful service.

Two Saturdays ago I opened the door of the washing machine to put a load in and an avalanche of water swamped the washroom and proceeded to make a waterfall down the stairs. So my OH and I walked to the electric shop and said that we wanted a new machine. The owner advised us to wait until Monday or Tuesday because there was an offer coming up. Unfortunately my OH had to return to the hospital on the Sunday and did not come out until this Monday night. I went to the shop Tuesday morning (week later than planned) to ask whether the offer was still on and was asked when I needed the machine, I said immediately, and was told that it would be installed in half an hour. I rushed home to move things out of their way and they arrived within 20 minutes, carried it up the 57 stairs to the washroom, installed the machine, explained the different functions and took the old one away. As usual there was no delivery charge or installation charge even though it is such a nuisance to them.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 12th 2011 at 11:35 am.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great service in Spain

Good luck in any getting any replies to a positive thread

Normally I have found customer service in Spain to be excellent, especially from the local independant shops and retaurants. The people working in the chains do tend to me surly and uninformed though, apart from in El Corte Ingles
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Good luck in any getting any replies to a positive thread

Normally I have found customer service in Spain to be excellent, especially from the local independant shops and retaurants. The people working in the chains do tend to me surly and uninformed though, apart from in El Corte Ingles
Yes we found the same, everything electrical etc sold with fitting included, we had various ceiling fans installed, and for a few euros more they moved a couple of light fittings from one room to another.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I have found exactly the same

the number of times we've had to rush home to beat the delivery van!!

& they always fully install everything, explain everything & take the old one away

a few weeks ago we had some new chairs & a sofa delivered

first of all they arrived half an hour early & I was still at work - they waited for me to get home

the 'old' furniture belongs to the landlord & we wanted it moved to different rooms on different floors

the removal guys moved a 3 seater sofa into the naya, an armchair up 2 floors & a 2 seater sofa down a floor to the basement - around very narrow windy staircases

I tried to tip them - they refused - I guess I should have known better really - though they did both accept a big glass of water
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had the same service whenever we have had a home delivery

Washing machine, fridge, TV and even the wardrobes were put together
Old Oct 12th 2011, 10:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I have found exactly the same

the number of times we've had to rush home to beat the delivery van!!

& they always fully install everything, explain everything & take the old one away

a few weeks ago we had some new chairs & a sofa delivered

first of all they arrived half an hour early & I was still at work - they waited for me to get home

the 'old' furniture belongs to the landlord & we wanted it moved to different rooms on different floors

the removal guys moved a 3 seater sofa into the naya, an armchair up 2 floors & a 2 seater sofa down a floor to the basement - around very narrow windy staircases

I tried to tip them - they refused - I guess I should have known better really - though they did both accept a big glass of water
That has been my experience as well, they do not expect a tip and are quite shocked when one is offered.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Weve experienced the same great service as others on here.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:08 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
That has been my experience as well, they do not expect a tip and are quite shocked when one is offered.

Rosemary
here's a funny one

we moved a few weeks ago

I do my Mercadona order online & get it delivered

on moving day I had arranged for a delivery - I changed the address on the online details, but had a bet with my kids that the guy would still turn up at the old place - there are about 4 delivery guys from our store & you get to know them

you book a 2 hour slot - they have never let me down - so I made sure I was there between 3-5

hey presto at 3:50 my phone rang - 'I'm at your flat - where are you?'

'I'm at home - we've moved'

'Oh - where are you?'

so I told him, pulling his leg that the new address is on the paper

these guys are amazing - they deliver right into your kitchen & it's all you can do to get them to not put it away in the cupboards!

I had ordered 10 kilos of ice - clearly that wasn't going to fit in the little fridge in the kitchen - so he asked me where the freezer was - down one floor - he took it down & put it away for me
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:32 am

[QUOTE=lynnxa;9670813]I do my Mercadona order online & get it delivered/QUOTE]

Did not know this was possible, will look into it. We are 8 km from the nearest store though so maybe they will not deliver to us.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:45 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

What's the betting a certain poster has never received good service in Spain? To balance the thread, I always find paying a bill time consuming in Spain.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Did not know this was possible, will look into it. We are 8 km from the nearest store though so maybe they will not deliver to us.

Rosemary
here's a link - it makes life so much easier - just over 7€ delivery charge but so worth it, especially if you just do it now & again for the heavy stuff!

https://www.mercadona.es/ns/index.php

I started doing this as my hips got worse & OH was away more often

they deliver up to 10km & you can pay COD too

there is the option to do your order in English (or french, german, galego or valenciano as well as castellano) - but after trying to figure out what 'cintas de bacon' might be in English & failing miserably I decided to do do mine in Spanish - so much easier!

Last edited by lynnxa; Oct 12th 2011 at 1:15 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:10 pm

Thanks for the link, I think that this may be the way for me to go in the near future, especially for the heavier stuff. I seem to have a mental blank with the food list in English so if OH writes the list out it takes me a bit longer.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:18 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

My bank (La Caixa) text me if there's not enough money in my account to pay a bill. Very impressive I think.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:23 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I need to get a factura when I shop - the checkout chap at our local Mercadona knows this, remembers my NIE and has already entered it by the time I get to the till.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:27 pm
FreeThinker

Chico the postman brings all mail addressed to our old house to our new address - we moved well over a year ago. You pay for that in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.