Grau De Gandia

Old May 12th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice
Default Grau De Gandia

Can anyone help me find out about this area?

Done the usual net searches but not enough info.

Like where are the boundaries?
To the north it seems to join urban Gandia, whereas south it is rural.

Does anyone live nearby to give us a feel for the place.

It's so annoying that on our last visit we dismissed that area, and were so close. But depending on any feedback, maybe an excuse to come over and have a look.

Thanks.
Old May 12th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grau De Gandia

Originally Posted by jimmbo

It's so annoying that on our last visit we dismissed that area, and were so close. But depending on any feedback, maybe an excuse to come over and have a look.

Thanks.
Isn't the Grau just the area immediately around the port?
Old May 12th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

it's nice & v Spanish. A friend lives there & has great views of the port, if you want to know more the send a message & I find out for you.

I think the rte down there, the super posh one, closed or maybe its only seasonal.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by poolboy
it's nice & v Spanish. A friend lives there & has great views of the port, if you want to know more the send a message & I find out for you.

I think the rte down there, the super posh one, closed or maybe its only seasonal.
Thanks for replies.

Valenciatim..... Yup it is, but I think, south.

Poolboy....... It would be great if you could. Thanks.

Last edited by jimmbo; May 12th 2009 at 12:01 pm.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:15 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

the grau is the port area of gandia...
to the north is gets faily open...and rural with a few marshes to xeraco and culleria
to the south along the cost you have a lot of villages...daimus, bellreguard, mirarar on the way to oliva.

to the south west of the grau is Gandia town / city...about 2 kms away.

to the west is the monduber mountains and barx / la drova.

the grau has a few areas to it...the port, the beach for example...a nice long beach...very busy in the summer, nice now time...a few good eating places open all year around...lots of appartments block along the beach

mitzyboy may be able to give a more descriptive comments or expand..
Old May 12th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo

Thanks.
We visit Gandia regularly and feel that the Grau is a fair bet, as it is lived in by locals year round whereas if you are situated by the beach, out of season you could feel quite alone as most of the appartments there are empty at that time. There is a small market that takes place once a week and you are near Gandia city for extra shopping etc.