Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

grapes & fireworks

grapes & fireworks

Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default grapes & fireworks

well I did it!!

for the first time I managed 12 grapes on 12 'bongs'!!

then watched this amazing light show
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grapes & fireworks

Originally Posted by lynnxa
well I did it!!

I failed dismally - mostly cos I forgot to get the little plastic bag out of my cagoule pocket in time plus juggling bottle of cava, silly carnival mask, mobile to ring elder son in UK, meant I just gave up. But Colmenar came good with its fireworks again. From Ayuntamiento roof again. (better than the church, where it was last year) Elf'n'safety be damned! Brilliant!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I failed dismally - mostly cos I forgot to get the little plastic bag out of my cagoule pocket in time plus juggling bottle of cava, silly carnival mask, mobile to ring elder son in UK, meant I just gave up. But Colmenar came good with its fireworks again. From Ayuntamiento roof again. (better than the church, where it was last year) Elf'n'safety be damned! Brilliant!
we don't get any fireworks for new years

they spend all the money in the summer
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:03 am
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

well I did it!!

Well done n happy new year to you. we tuned into 1 of the spanish radio, we stayed at home n everyone else the grapes, Im not keen on them . And watch the fireworks down the coast some amazing ones. then watch bbc scotland.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they had a great time in Madrid, 338 cases of alcohol poisoning and 382 fights. I thought it was only Brits that behaved like that.
# Las intoxicaciones etílicas subieron de 181 a 338 en un año.
# Las reyertas, sin heridos graves, casi se duplican: de 266 a 382.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:13 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Do you automatically become Spanish if your in Madrid.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:15 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I managed the 12 grapes exactly on time and they were biggish ones. I then chased the Doberman around the room because he had one of my Scottish tapes in his mouth. And then the phone rang from back home. A great start to a great New Year.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Looks like they had a great time in Madrid, 338 cases of alcohol poisoning and 382 fights. I thought it was only Brits that behaved like that.
Why are you such a pain in the arse ?

All you do is post comparisons with the UK about everything.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:46 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Don’t do to others what you don’t want others to do to you, but do to others who do to you what they would not like others to do to them.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
All you do is post comparisons with the UK about everything.
It´s funny I never hear anyone here complaining when all the slating of the UK goes on, and there´s plenty of it, seems that´s all fair game. However when anything less than congratulatory is posted about Spain or the Spanish, there are retards like yourself that seem to take exception. They don´t like it up em, Mr Mainwaring!
But keep posting your valuable literary pieces, they tell us so much about you, and so they are so much more informative than the rest.
Why are you such a pain in the arse ?
Twat.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:50 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

What a strange post. As a logical person, I’m trying reason why someone living in the UK, who has been to another country a few times on holiday, should get up on New Year’s day and look up some news sites about that other country, and then post links on a site mostly used by British expats actually living in that country?

In my case that would have meant looking up obscure news sites in France and then posting them on an expat site for France.

Perhaps the poster will explain at some stage, there must be some logical reason, surely?

( I suspect JDR has just about got it right ).
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps the poster will explain at some stage, there must be some logical reason, surely?
Very simple really, I read the Spanish press every day, watch the news on TV, along with several Spanish forums. As I had just read the report about Madrid, and someone mentioned the lightshow in Madrid, I put the two together. The Spanish don´t have a problem reporting the facts as they happened, so why should he? He can turn a blind eye to it all if it suits him, insulate himself in his Brit stronghold, but it doesn't mean these things aren't happening. It's all about a level playing field really, people here are delighted to slag off Plymouth recently for example, drugs, gang wars etc, and I don't hear any voices raised in protest, from either side, and certainly not from me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and AFAIK, allowed to express it here, and whilst I disagree with many I don't feel the need to resort to replies with "tw t".

Last edited by agoreira; Jan 1st 2010 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:32 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Do you automatically become Spanish if your in Madrid.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:32 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It´s funny I never hear anyone here complaining when all the slating of the UK goes on, and there´s plenty of it, seems that´s all fair game. However when anything less than congratulatory is posted about Spain or the Spanish, there are retards like yourself that seem to take exception. They don´t like it up em, Mr Mainwaring!
But keep posting your valuable literary pieces, they tell us so much about you, and so they are so much more informative than the rest.
I had the same thought myself, and this thread proves it. I thought there were quite a few on here who do not live in Spain and no-one questions their right to post. Why shouldn't the Guy read the spanish newspapers every day He is obviously very fluent in the language....or could it be he is telling you something you don't want to know! He may even be a spaniard.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I had the same thought myself, and this thread proves it. .
I think some make the mistake of thinking you must live in Spain to know anything about it, or to be able to have an opinion. I have been visiting Spain regularly for 30 years, with many stays of a month, so my total time spent there runs into a couple of years. I talk to many Brits living there, and despite being there several years, they have been nowhere. My friends are a prime example, apart from popping up to Granada for business, they have seen nothing of Andalucia. There are few places in southern Spain that we haven't visited/and or stayed in, and was probably visiting them long before some here set foot in the country. I was even visiting Torrevieja long before the Brits completely ruined it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.