Reload this Page >

Granada. Doing a reccie

Granada. Doing a reccie

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Slowlycatchymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Granada. Doing a reccie

Afternoon lovely peeps.

I’m looking to move to the Granada area and want to be able to take advantage of skiing in Sierra Nevada so ideally want to be no more than an hours drive from it.

With one eye on the future and the possibility my two boys may partner up and sprog out I’d also ideally like to be 30- 40 mins from the beach. Just to be clear I have little interest in the touristy beach areas- although you can generally get a good fish supper and that’s not to be sniffed at

I’d like to live somewhere semi remote but there’s a lot to be said for a short walk (or none) to facilities like a supermarket or cafe/restaurant plus reasonable internet connection is a must for running the business.

Ramble over, my questions if any of you good people can help are-
  1. Is there a way of finding out what areas get better internet speeds?
  2. I’m guessing I need a larger village or town to be able to get something like fibre optic broadband or is that a pipe dream?
  3. I’ve had a look on a map and landed on Dúrcal or Padul purely based on google maps travel times, anyone know anything about these areas or able to recommend another maybe prettier place?
  4. I’ve booked up a week to do a reccie mid July and would really appreciate any advice on what to look out for. We will be staying in the centre of Granada city for convenience (and mainly because it was cheap 😜) and visiting the mentioned potential areas.
Advice on any of it appreciated.

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Granada. Doing a reccie

Difficult to be close to the ski slopes yet also close to the beach. You are going to have to compromise. The beach resorts are touristy by their very nature. As far as Internet speed..in most places its very slow so if you are dependent on High Speed then you may have to live in a town. Good luck and as you say best to come and have a look.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Granada. Doing a reccie

Granada is lovely BUT remember that in July, it will be so hot that you won't be able to imagine how cold it will be in winter. When viewing, keep in mind how easy/difficult it will be to heat a place.