Google Earth

Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:56 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google Earth

How do I search for areas please? For instance, if I type in Joondalup it doesn't recognise it.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:34 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumo
How do I search for areas please? For instance, if I type in Joondalup it doesn't recognise it.

A lot of places dont exist (it is American) find the biggest town near you and scroll to where you want. When I first used it the closest I could get to mine was Malaga. A few other places are on now, but still not where I live
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Once you have found your location you can save it as a favourite place so that you can go straight to it the next time.

You could initially use SIGPAC, which uses the same photographs, to find your location then use the comparison to find it on Google Earth.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

You can find Pago del Humo in Chiclana easily.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
You can find Pago del Humo in Chiclana easily.

Must be more American than Benalmadena Pueblo then
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Must be more American than Benalmadena Pueblo then
Images are at least a year old, and probably over 2 as well. Looked at my area, and there are quite a number of places that just don't exist according to the map, Habaneras in Torrevieja is one, and thats been open well over a year. Several new developments aren't even started near here, but actually have people living there.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:26 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Images are at least a year old, and probably over 2 as well. Looked at my area, and there are quite a number of places that just don't exist according to the map, Habaneras in Torrevieja is one, and thats been open well over a year. Several new developments aren't even started near here, but actually have people living there.
Not neccessarily so.....My pool is only a year old and is shown quite clearly. You have to make sure you have the latest version of Google earth...I found that I was not using the most recent which is why I couldn't initially find my pool.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Benalmadena Pueblo has been about possibly as long as America it is on the map but if you put the name in no go.
Look above the error box

Just noticed probably cos they have spelt it wrong
Attached Thumbnails Google Earth-pueblo.jpg  

Last edited by jdr; Nov 1st 2006 at 2:57 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Benalmadena Pueblo has been about possibly as long as America it is on the map but if you put the name in no go.
Look above the error box

Just noticed probably cos they have spelt it wrong
Information date for my area is 2003, so well out of date, other areas are 2002 - 2006.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Information date for my area is 2003, so well out of date, other areas are 2002 - 2006.

They seem to update areas in blocks, and some areas don't seem to get much attention, and remain a blur. But once you have found yourself its really interesting. If you are lucky enough to get high definition you can take a sneaky peak at your next door neighbours garden!!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by NicCol
They seem to update areas in blocks, and some areas don't seem to get much attention, and remain a blur. But once you have found yourself its really interesting. If you are lucky enough to get high definition you can take a sneaky peak at your next door neighbours garden!!
Some parts of UK are excellent, others crap. My sister lives in Blackpool, you can see their house. I lived in rural Lincolnshire, can't even see the village . My wife is from Leicester, you can just about see Leicester, but no definition at all. :scared: