Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Good News from the UK

Good News from the UK

Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:44 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News from the UK

.......with apologies to Stevie of course.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/blog/inside-t...aaff8c&_nwpt=1

One UK car plant alone will soon turn out more new motors than the whole of Italy !
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good News from the UK

Retail sales and house sales were up too but I didn't like to say
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:49 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

This is all good.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:50 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Retail sales and house sales were up too but I didn't like to say
Shhhh, don't upset him too much,..... not two different things in one day or else he'll be reaching for his meds.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:52 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, he will be googling for something bad
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:00 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

No one minds good news from the UK - there is actually a forum for the UK- but why are posters like Agro (and his stooge) and J2 so keen to rubbish Spain at every opportunity, and to take delight in bad news from there. You can't even praise their sportsmen without Aggy popping up (like he did prior to the last world cup) to sneer "how many world cups have Spain won then?"
No doubt they'll claim (incorrectly) that I've never praised the countryside, London, the parks or companies like M&S in the UK. There, I've done it again - it's their game plan isn't it. Rubbish Spain and come out with absolute horses*** like coffee costs 2Euros everywhere, and the Spanish all hate the Brits...carry on, if you must...
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:00 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Nah, he will be googling for something bad
You're consistent, I have to give you that. Consistently wrong
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:17 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Here's something I posted earlier, which is also good news for jobs in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-17489118

The port of Leith has been chosen by Spanish company Gamesa for the site of a new wind turbine manufacturing plant. The £125m investment could create more than 800 jobs directly and hundreds more in the supply chain.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:38 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
No one minds good news from the UK - there is actually a forum for the UK- but why are posters like Agro (and his stooge) and J2 so keen to rubbish Spain at every opportunity, and to take delight in bad news from there. You can't even praise their sportsmen without Aggy popping up (like he did prior to the last world cup) to sneer "how many world cups have Spain won then?"
No doubt they'll claim (incorrectly) that I've never praised the countryside, London, the parks or companies like M&S in the UK. There, I've done it again - it's their game plan isn't it. Rubbish Spain and come out with absolute horses*** like coffee costs 2Euros everywhere, and the Spanish all hate the Brits...carry on, if you must...
Simple Steve......it's jealousy
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:56 pm
On the road again.

Calm down Stevie, I wasn't really intending to rattle your cage, I just thought the story was worth a mention.

We all understand that Madrid is still the centre of the Universe, well the football universe anyway, or wait a mo, should that not be Barcelona ?

Did you see that fabulous performance by Messi last night, unbelievable at times, for me the Worlds all time best,...... even though he is an Argie.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Calm down Stevie, I wasn't really intending to rattle your cage, I just thought the story was worth a mention.

We all understand that Madrid is still the centre of the Universe, well the football universe anyway, or wait a mo, should that not be Barcelona ?

Did you see that fabulous performance by Messi last night, unbelievable at times, for me the Worlds all time best,...... even though he is an Argie.
I didn't see them last night, tbh I didn't know they were playing. He's certainly an exceptional player that Messi, in a very good Barcelona team.
Point is, is it going to be a Spanish clean sweep this year - Champions League, Europa Cup and the Euro-champions tournament? Odds are against it - Spain could have an off day and get knocked out, Barcelona may tire with so many games - but it's amazing how the nation once knocked as bottlers have come to dominate the stage.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Here's something I posted earlier, which is also good news for jobs in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-17489118
Quote:
The port of Leith has been chosen by Spanish company Gamesa for the site of a new wind turbine manufacturing plant. The £125m investment could create more than 800 jobs directly and hundreds more in the supply chain.

Investing in the New independent Scotland
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:13 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

More good news from the UK:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...n-7636474.html

Come on down.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

took the bus to the big city yesterday - €1.74 each way (20k)
had a very nice coffee in the big city - €1.10
the donut cost more at €1.30

and yes I went back for another €3.50 menu del dia everyone tells me I cannot get.

but glad to hear the UK is starting to turn things round, expect its because all of the above have moved back there and its their influence.
perhaps that will give Spain a better chance now though.....
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:23 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Domino
took the bus to the big city yesterday - €1.74 each way (20k)
had a very nice coffee in the big city - €1.10
the donut cost more at €1.30

and yes I went back for another €3.50 menu del dia everyone tells me I cannot get.

but glad to hear the UK is starting to turn things round, expect its because all of the above have moved back there and its their influence.
perhaps that will give Spain a better chance now though.....
Can't have it both ways Dom.

Are you trying to say that the same ones who had a bad influence in Spain are having a good influence in the UK ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.