Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

To Good looking to Work..

To Good looking to Work..

Old May 20th 2013, 8:03 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default To Good looking to Work..

A LONDON woman says she has been unemployed for two years because her good looks caused "massive problems" in the workplace.

Laura Fernee, who has a science PhD, says her last job was at a medical research lab where she earned £30,000 a year ($47,000) from 2008 until 2011.

But Ms Fernee, 33, says she was left with no choice but to quit when comments from co-workers about her attractive physical appearance became too much.

"I'm not lazy and I'm no bimbo," Ms Fernee told The Daily Mail.

"The truth is my good looks have caused massive problems for me when it comes to employment, so I’ve made the decision that employment just isn’t for me at the moment. It's not my fault...I can’t help the way I look."

She was "constantly asked out" and felt traumatised when men left "romantic gifts" on her desk.

"Male colleagues were only interested in me for how I looked. I wanted them to recognise my achievements and my professionalism but all they saw was my face and body," she said.
Old May 20th 2013, 8:04 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Good looking to Work..

Poor thing, that is so sad for her..........

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business...-1226647294922

I wonder what the real issue is?
Old May 20th 2013, 8:15 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
A LONDON woman says she has been unemployed for two years because her good looks caused "massive problems" in the workplace.

Laura Fernee, who has a science PhD, says her last job was at a medical research lab where she earned £30,000 a year ($47,000) from 2008 until 2011.

But Ms Fernee, 33, says she was left with no choice but to quit when comments from co-workers about her attractive physical appearance became too much.

"I'm not lazy and I'm no bimbo," Ms Fernee told The Daily Mail.

"The truth is my good looks have caused massive problems for me when it comes to employment, so I’ve made the decision that employment just isn’t for me at the moment. It's not my fault...I can’t help the way I look."

She was "constantly asked out" and felt traumatised when men left "romantic gifts" on her desk.

"Male colleagues were only interested in me for how I looked. I wanted them to recognise my achievements and my professionalism but all they saw was my face and body," she said.
This is just another deluded attention seeker like Samantha Brick - either that or it is some sort of bizarre social experiment to elicit response. She wears loads of make-up, no bra, alluring clothes and poses for any number of coquettish pictures in The Daily Mail - not exactly playing down her looks.

Oh! - and she's writing a book about it...

ETA - at least this one is actually quite a looker - unlike Brick...
Old May 20th 2013, 8:18 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

close up photo in the DM she looks more than 33, more like 43

probably has narcissistic personality disorder
Old May 20th 2013, 8:21 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Poor thing, that is so sad for her..........

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business...-1226647294922

I wonder what the real issue is?
Fairly obvious I think, extremely vain with a very high an opinion of herself.

Didn't think she looked anything too flash myself, but I'm sure she could sharp fix her so called problem by dressing up like a Lessie to go to work.
Old May 20th 2013, 8:23 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Fairly obvious I think, extremely vain with a very high an opinion of herself.

Didn't think she looked anything too flash myself, but I'm sure she could sharp fix her so called problem by dressing up like a Lessie to go to work.
... and a cringeworthy false accent - ugh!.

And I agree with Domino - looks way over 33.
Old May 20th 2013, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Maybe this is just about selling a book. Doh !

I thought she was quite attractive but what would I know about it, I am only a woman. Good Luck to her very enterprising way to sell your book, people buy any old rubbish as books are so cheap in the UK, better than being in a lab all day I would have thought.

Last edited by jennieJ; May 20th 2013 at 9:54 pm.
Old May 20th 2013, 9:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Maybe this is just about selling a book. Doh !

I thought she was quite attractive but what would I know about it, I am only a woman. Good Luck to her very enterprising way to sell your book, better than being in a lab all day I would have thought.
EXACTLY
Old May 20th 2013, 11:34 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
EXACTLY
I don't know where Jennie lives, but you should just hope and pray that she can't track you down amongst those ten million olive trees.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I don't know where Jennie lives, but you should just hope and pray that she can't track you down amongst those ten million olive trees.
3,257 from the left
or is it the right ?

or was it 3,257, and something ??
can't see the wood for the (0live) trees

Old May 21st 2013, 3:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

"Too"....
Old May 21st 2013, 3:23 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
"Too"....
Careful lads and lasses, the spelling policeman is back on duty again.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:24 am
FreeThinker

Default Too Good looking to Work..

"Too"....
I wish someone would change that.

It's OK if someone screws up a post - it soon disappears off the page but in the title it's there to see forever.

ETA I've changed it for this post - will it stay changed?
Old May 21st 2013, 3:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too Good looking to Work..

Originally Posted by jimenato
I wish someone would change that.

It's OK if someone screws up a post - it soon disappears off the page but in the title it's there to see forever.
It's irritated me since it was posted.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:28 am
FreeThinker

Default Re: Too Good looking to Work..

It's irritated me since it was posted.
So no. It doesn't stay changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.