Good advice

Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:55 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good advice

Found a scroll in my Dads papers after he died, and I think he actually lived by this advice .... Some of you may already know it, but I guess sound advice for us all

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Desiderata
Max Ehrmann
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good advice

Wise man your Dad Mitzyboy..I have read parts of that before but never read the whole thing, I think it was also on a record some time ago 60s/70s

we could do with a lot more of that in todays world.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:29 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely document to have found in your dad's things and the sentiments are absolutley wonderful. I too have heard a little of these writing before and used part of it in my counselling but have never seen the whole so thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Your dad must have been a really good man to have known and been influenced by, you must be very proud to have been raised by him.

Rosemary
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
What a lovely document to have found in your dad's things and the sentiments are absolutley wonderful. I too have heard a little of these writing before and used part of it in my counselling but have never seen the whole so thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Your dad must have been a really good man to have known and been influenced by, you must be very proud to have been raised by him.

Rosemary
It was a bit of a rollercoaster .... He was a school headmaster, and I was his son .... and pupil!
But I'm sure I'm a better person for having been influenced by him, especially moralistically
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:40 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing Mitzyboy,I have not seen it before,..............
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It was a bit of a rollercoaster .... He was a school headmaster, and I was his son .... and pupil!
But I'm sure I'm a better person for having been influenced by him, especially moralistically
Is there a special reason why you shared this with us today? Is it his birthday or an anniversary or just coincidence?

Rosemary
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:10 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Is there a special reason why you shared this with us today? Is it his birthday or an anniversary or just coincidence?

Rosemary
No .... I was getting all our books out of boxes from the underbuild and I found it in there and I just thought it would be a nice thing to post up here
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No .... I was getting all our books out of boxes from the underbuild and I found it in there and I just thought it would be a nice thing to post up here
Hey mitzyboy..just for you.. Desiderada Hope you enjoy it.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:17 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzy,

Desiderata is one of the poems I always print, frame and give to my young friends. It's good to know that others appreciate it as well.

Thank you for sharing it here for others to see

Martha
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:18 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Thanks for that BB!

I have never seen it depicted.....just in print
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Thanks for that BB!

I have never seen it depicted.....just in print
Hi Martha..there are a few depictions on you tube..I like this guys voice though..hope you are both well....
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:20 pm
Senior Moment

Cool thanks
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

The words were beautiful and put with that video brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:50 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

When I went through my dad's things all I found were bits of paper with IOU written on them
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:59 pm
MnM

Hi Martha..there are a few depictions on you tube..I like this guys voice though..hope you are both well....
Hey handsome

We're both great!

How are you and when are you & nursey coming over to the Costa Blanca for a visit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.