Wikiposts

Golf Courses!

Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Golf Courses!

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Golf courses in Spain aren't constructed for revenue for golf like in the old days, they are solely used as a way to sell property built around it.
It must be different in the expat enclaves!! There are now six golf courses in the Valencia city area. Mine, Escorpion, is a private members club, three others El Saler, Foressos and La Galiana are pay as you play or annual membership, El Bosque PAYP or a ten year 'right to play' and Manises which is a municiple.

None of them are connected with the properties surrounding. In fact four of them have no properties anywhere near the courses and no space to build any.

As for water. Escorpion has a recycling system where the water is taken from the lakes, collected underground after irrigating and pumped back into the lakes.

It's the houses around golf clubs that use more water than the clubs themselves.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mondeo
I say old boy, pleasure houses!
That "old boy" is an "old girl"!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:51 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Because generally you dont have to worry about it being a washout when you have booked to play???

Cheapest I have got here is €30 a round, but only because I am the guest of a member.
Yup, it must be the weather ! Some time ago it would be € 6 for a green fee at the Isla Canela golf course (Ayamonte) if you were a guest of a homeowner next to the course. They also did not really bother to check if you were an actual guest.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

mondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nicemondeo is just really nice
Talking Re: Golf Courses!

Originally Posted by agoreira
That "old boy" is an "old girl"!!!!!!!
No! If it were an 'old girl' I'm sure she would have absolutely no knowledge of 'pleasure houses'.
Unless..................!!!