Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gibraltar (sory another thread)

Gibraltar (sory another thread)

Old Dec 15th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

linzi1b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar (sory another thread)

just wondering if any one from Gibraltar is on here?

my partner has been offered a job there with his current company for quite a good wage (compared to what hes on now).

im torn as to if me and my daughter should move with him.

i would be giving up a job here, i wouldn't want to start looking in gib for a job until my daughter was happy and settled. does anyone know how easy/difficult it would be to get a part time job? im from a finance background.
partner would be on 29k a year, does that seem enough for a family of 3 to live off until i was working?

i have found a swim school for kids, a rainbows group and a drama group. are there any other childrens activities?

when i have mentioned moving to people they have all commented that its quite boring there. is this the case?
is it like city living or is there lots of outdoor space for kids?

sorry for all the questions, i have been on these forums for days now.

thanks
Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar (sory another thread)

Hi Linzi

First trake a look at accommodation costs, rent

http://propertygibraltar.com/torent

I have no recent idea of what the cost of living is in the UK so find it difficult to advise, however after accommodation I belive other costs are similar.

There are lots of financial service companies in Gib and accountants by the bucket load.

Can't advise on kids I think they should be banned.

Gib is a bit of a concrete jungle, but if you look on Google Earth you will see some open areas plus plenty of beaches and of course there is plenty of space in Spain when the Spaniards are not acting IDIOTS.

Anywhere is boring to those without brain cells