Reload this Page >

Gibraltar Job Search.

Gibraltar Job Search.

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:54 am
Just Joined

TomEk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar Job Search.

Hello fellow forum members!

I just wonder if somebody could share their Gib’s jobs searching stories.

I have only started my search and it seems that there is quite few jobs matching my and my partner’s experience.

We have both degrees in accounting and economics ( I have inly BA hons - he has got MA and few top ups to MA ). I have around 10 years experience in various roles within Investment Banking he has got around 15y ( same + pensions and tax ). I could see that quite a few roles requires at least AAT, thus both started studying towards this qualifications and should complete them before the move.

We are bilingual and hold two nationalities, however only speak Spanish on a very average level of command.

What you guys think?

It seems as it is easier to already live locally before applying. Is there a point applying for any roles while still living in the UK?

We will be looking at moving over after Sep this year.
I think we will be looking at initially renting on the Spanish side .

How much would you set aside? I was thinking about budgeting for a year ( with contingency for another 6 months) while searching for a job in Gib.

Then obviously we will have the “sorry it did not work budget” to return to the UK. ( and at least enjoying the sun for a year ot two)

If you could share your stories it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Tom
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar Job Search.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

aidan1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

My industry was online gambling and Gib is a hotbed for firms there so Im guessing you will find plenty of opportunities. Got a couple of mates still living there, one who did what you suggested, living on the spanish side and walked across every day, which is ok until the spanish start messing about on the border
Old Mar 5th 2018, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

aidan1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

For example, my friend up these up the other day for the place he works Rank Careers
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:42 am
Just Joined

I can see they are looking for a Business Analyst. That’s my current role.
I shall properly check it after work.
Many thanks!