British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Gibraltar frontier queue (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/gibraltar-frontier-queue-626452/)

The Pope Aug 25th 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Gibraltar frontier queue

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 7875980)
There is a lot more to Gibraltar than Main Street. All those fat Brits have come from Spain, they will have gone by 4pm. I wouldn't like to live there but it's not all bad.

Im going to be in Gib soon, need to be through the frontier early on a Monday morning to be in Main Street just after 9. Im probably going to go in October so what sort of time do I need to get to the fontier to avoid the mass queues?

Thanks

P.S Please dont say Sunday Evening:rofl:

painterhombre Aug 25th 2009 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 7876268)
Im going to be in Gib soon, need to be through the frontier early on a Monday morning to be in Main Street just after 9. Im probably going to go in October so what sort of time do I need to get to the fontier to avoid the mass queues?

Thanks

P.S Please dont say Sunday Evening:rofl:

......i would suggest VERY early.

VERY early.

The Pope Aug 25th 2009 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by painterhombre (Post 7876380)
......i would suggest VERY early.

VERY early.

8? or 7?

painterhombre Aug 25th 2009 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 7876387)
8? or 7?

no,..........keep going............:p

..earlier!

The Pope Aug 25th 2009 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by painterhombre (Post 7876391)
no,..........keep going............:p

..earlier!

Your kidding..???? :(

ballin Aug 25th 2009 11:42 pm

Queue could be anything from 2 minutes, to an hour, so take something to read incaes its the former!
I would suggest to be at the border for 8, as long as you know where you are going to park once inside.

However personally, I would park in La Linea and walk across.

Fredbargate Aug 26th 2009 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ballin (Post 7876436)

Then buy a new car because the one you left there will no longer be.

The Pope Aug 26th 2009 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ballin (Post 7876436)
Queue could be anything from 2 minutes, to an hour, so take something to read incaes its the former!
I would suggest to be at the border for 8, as long as you know where you are going to park once inside.

Thanks but I need the car as I am going to pick up some items.... I will park at Morrisons car park as I did last time and it was free last time :thumbup:

ballin Aug 26th 2009 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 7876504)
Then buy a new car because the one you left there will no longer be.

What are you talking about :unsure: ?

Be careful leaving the car at Morissons, there is a 2 hour limit for shoppers only, and they are clamp happy!
I would park in the ICC for convenience, or up near kings bastion for the other end of the high street.

The Pope Aug 26th 2009 12:23 am

Originally Posted by ballin (Post 7876544)

Be careful leaving the car at Morissons, there is a 2 hour limit for shoppers only, and they are clamp happy!
I would park in the ICC for convenience, or up near kings bastion for the other end of the high street.

Yeah... i know, we will no doubt pop into Morrisons to fill the boot up with a load of rubbish that we dont need :)

Rotor Aug 26th 2009 2:37 am

Yep ,seen em doing it:thumbdown:

paintermujer Aug 26th 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Rotor (Post 7876876)
Yep ,seen em doing it:thumbdown:

Yes.

I was clamped once on Eastern beach.

They love it!!

Fred James Aug 26th 2009 6:24 am

Yes, they are clamp happy but only because so many people abuse it.

I was clamped after 3 hours, rang the number on the ticket, a guy turned up within 2 minutes and looked at the Morrison's bill and unclamped us and apologised for any inconvenience.

jo-ann Aug 26th 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 7877443)
Yes, they are clamp happy but only because so many people abuse it.

I was clamped after 3 hours, rang the number on the ticket, a guy turned up within 2 minutes and looked at the Morrison's bill and unclamped us and apologised for any inconvenience.

Well you were lucky, when we called the number the guy turned up and we had to pay him even though we had a huge Morrisons bill. It took a letter to head office in London which was then forwarded to Morrisons Gib manager who then refunded the money. Evidently all you need to do is to move the car to another position in the car park and you are OK.