Reload this Page >

Gibraltar advice needed

Gibraltar advice needed

Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined... In 2011!

martinrobinson1490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar advice needed

Hi,

I am looking for anyone here who is either a resident of Gibraltar / ex resident of Gibraltar or has even ever been to Gibraltar.
I am seriously considering a move there and would like some more info on things like the lifestyle there, what its like to work there? cost of living etc.

Thanks

Martin
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined... In 2011!

Default Re: Gibraltar advice needed

All knowledge welcome wether youve even jus heard anything about Gibraltar or know someone I could speak to about it?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:57 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martin,

Welcome to BE. I'm not in Europe I currently live in the US but I wanted to pop by and say hi.

Here are some recent threads about Gibraltar that you may find useful:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735567

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732118

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722978

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722938

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721247
Old Dec 13th 2011, 6:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinrobinson1490
Hi,

I am looking for anyone here who is either a resident of Gibraltar / ex resident of Gibraltar or has even ever been to Gibraltar.
I am seriously considering a move there and would like some more info on things like the lifestyle there, what its like to work there? cost of living etc.

Thanks

Martin
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

We have quite a few members who live in Spain and commute to work in Gib and I am sure that they will happily provide you with some information when they spot your post.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:26 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martin

Yes I and several others know a fair bit about Gibraltar. It's probably best to read the threads Sue has indicated and then come back with any specific questions.

Cheers
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined... In 2011!

Sue, Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a look at the links and found them very useful!

I have had a personal message from a resident of Gibraltar and this has helped a lot too.

I will be sure to get in touch if I have any further questions and I am sure I will be, if that would be ok?

Thank you

Martin