Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gibraltar Accomodation Guidance needed

Gibraltar Accomodation Guidance needed

Old Feb 25th 2015, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

sarahchips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar Accomodation Guidance needed

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I could not find a dedicated Gibraltar thread.

My Husband has just been offered a job in Gibraltar which he will accept in the next few days so now panic stations. My question has two parts

1) He will have to go there by himself to start as I have Children who need to finish their school year PLUS a business that is in the process of selling SO he will be looking for some 'shared' accommodation for approx 3 months. Can anyone help point us in the right direction to find - its either that or he is bringing a super duper tent !

2) Is there a lot of 'its who you know not what you know' when looking for flats/houses to rent long term for a family? I have located a lot of estate agents with plenty on offer but would prefer to rent privately. Does anyone know of anyone who would rent privately? Can they be found by asking the locals?

I would appreciate any help that you can give me
Old Feb 25th 2015, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar Accomodation Guidance needed

Hi Sarah forget the tent there's no where to put it
Shared accommodation is not generally advertised in Gib so it's word of mouth or company notice boards.
Can your husband get information via his new employer?
Although the Estate Agents advertise rental property the owners are all private individuals who do not all use the agents after the initial contact.

http://propertygibraltar.com/torent

Makana Property - For sale and rent in Gibraltar, Spain, Portugal, Morocco

Rentals La LĂ­nea

I have no personal experience of the above 2 sites