Gibraltar?

Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Jp90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gibraltar?

Hi all.

I've been taking a look through this forum and found some great information on Gibraltar, but a lot of it seems to be based on getting a job.

I'm in the extremely lucky situation of having a company willing to fly me out to the rock for a few days for an interview. The slight downside is that I know so little about Gibraltar, and I'm yet to decide on whether I Will take the job. I'm yet to find a simple explanation of the tax system, and totally unsure of where I'd live.

A little more information about me - I'm 24, single (not saying that to gauge interest, but to point out that the decision is solely mine) and I work in the gambling industry. The new role would be around about £30k which would be a pay rise. Is that good/terrible in gib? I have no idea.

Also, it would be good to get an idea around connectivity.

All tips/advice/info would be appreciated. Literally anything at all would be great. Even information on the culture/food/price of a can of coke/alcohol/tobacco/eating in/eating out anythingg!

Cheers,
Jp
Old Sep 28th 2014, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar?

Try the links below

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/taxation

http://propertygibraltar.com/

30k is ok

Post again for any specific information
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jp90
Hi all.

I've been taking a look through this forum and found some great information on Gibraltar, but a lot of it seems to be based on getting a job.

I'm in the extremely lucky situation of having a company willing to fly me out to the rock for a few days for an interview. The slight downside is that I know so little about Gibraltar, and I'm yet to decide on whether I Will take the job. I'm yet to find a simple explanation of the tax system, and totally unsure of where I'd live.

A little more information about me - I'm 24, single (not saying that to gauge interest, but to point out that the decision is solely mine) and I work in the gambling industry. The new role would be around about £30k which would be a pay rise. Is that good/terrible in gib? I have no idea.

Also, it would be good to get an idea around connectivity.

All tips/advice/info would be appreciated. Literally anything at all would be great. Even information on the culture/food/price of a can of coke/alcohol/tobacco/eating in/eating out anythingg!

Cheers,
Jp
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome.

Fred, I literally just want to gather whatever information I can find. Cost of living and realistic commute times from different places would be good to know.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Commute to where? you could cycle around Gib, it is not terribly big and crammed with cars. If you are thinking of commuting across the border then, check here and elsewhere the border problems lol
Old Sep 29th 2014, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jp90
Thanks for the welcome.

Fred, I literally just want to gather whatever information I can find. Cost of living and realistic commute times from different places would be good to know.
Accomodation is more expensive than most of UK, petrol and cigarettes much cheaper, otherwise I guess it is similar to UK, however I haven't been to UK for many years

pwwm is right but I walk most places.
Once you have all your documents in place the the buses are free
Old Sep 29th 2014, 7:36 am
Just Joined

I've got no idea haha.

Looking at a few places when I'm over on the 9th. Being over there for a few days should help me out.