Gibraltar

Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

oakwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar

ok hello everyone i am hoping people can help and tell me if my dream is achievable.

background on me 34 yrs old driving instructor in UK had 5 yrs in job and before did 6 years in a call centre positions such as Customer service advisor, Team Leader, Training Officer, Coach etc. before that just general warehouse stuff.

Wife is in office work and as AAT levels 2&3. I am also looking at starting AAT 2&3 this august if it helps with jobs etc

We have 2 kids aged 10 &7 and we wnated to move away from the weather.
Can anyone offer any help and advice as to what my best options might be?

i see property is expensive so i am not too worried about living over border and going to GIB each day but how are the schools in spain or gib for my girls?

I am going to sound nieve here but i have never been to gib but love spain so i am not too worried about that part of move just think GIB is the best option for language etc for girls..

thats alot of questions etc so i will stop also if anyone has facebook or msn etc so i can have a chat about any questions that will be great!!

thanks

Darren
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Welcome oakwell

If you make a search on this forum for Gibraltar you will find a lot of information from previous posts. Unfortunately you will also come across a lot of unrelated posts as well.

If you are going to live in Spain and have your children educated in Gibraltar then you will have to pay towards that education. That leaves a balancing act between rents and schooling costs Spain versus Gibraltar.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Welcome oakwell

If you make a search on this forum for Gibraltar you will find a lot of information from previous posts. Unfortunately you will also come across a lot of unrelated posts as well.

If you are going to live in Spain and have your children educated in Gibraltar then you will have to pay towards that education. That leaves a balancing act between rents and schooling costs Spain versus Gibraltar.
If i lived in GIB would schooling be free?

Anyone got any updated info had a search and looked around for a hour or so just wondered if anyone could recomend best way or finding job i.e recruitment agents, anyone help with jobs? etc

thanks
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:42 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.myservicesdirectory.com/C...ations-vacant/ Generally has some Gibraltar jobs. The last time I looked (we thought about it), non Gib kids going to Gib schools had to pay 1000€ a term, but the schools do teach in English and follow the British curriculum. The price of renting property in Gib is expensive, but the border crossing if you live outside is pretty tedious. Go there at the wrong time and you can be sat there for over 3 hours !!

Top tip: Do not become a driving instructor in Gibraltar, you'll become old before your time lol!!!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oakwell
If i lived in GIB would schooling be free?

thanks

Yes
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Yes
thanks
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
http://www.myservicesdirectory.com/C...ations-vacant/ Generally has some Gibraltar jobs. The last time I looked (we thought about it), non Gib kids going to Gib schools had to pay 1000€ a term, but the schools do teach in English and follow the British curriculum. The price of renting property in Gib is expensive, but the border crossing if you live outside is pretty tedious. Go there at the wrong time and you can be sat there for over 3 hours !!

Top tip: Do not become a driving instructor in Gibraltar, you'll become old before your time lol!!!

Jo xxx
thanks for the info i have tried searching for driving schools but cant find any online at all as a guide to see if its a option!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by oakwell
thanks for the info i have tried searching for driving schools but cant find any online at all as a guide to see if its a option!
http://gibyellow.gi/company_results....mpany-search=1
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

anyone know if my ADI certificate is valid in gib? looking for a direct website so i can email a driving school.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:43 am
Just Joined

well sent a rough C.V to a recruitment agency yesterday with work experience and qualifications on so will see if i am experienced for any positions.

anyone got any decent links to c.v templates etc so i can finish c.v etc