Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gib Vs Poland Sunday

Gib Vs Poland Sunday

Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Gib Vs Poland Sunday

Hi are there many people travelling to see the game in the Algarve?

Tickets are available on the evening starting at 20 euro.

I think I will be going....
Old Sep 5th 2014, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gib Vs Poland Sunday

For those interested who cannot get to the ground the match ( all Gib matches ) will be broadcast live on TV in Gibraltar and online at GBC | Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation
Old Sep 5th 2014, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
For those interested who cannot get to the ground the match ( all Gib matches ) will be broadcast live on TV in Gibraltar and online at GBC | Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation
Fred .. what do you think the attendance will be?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
Fred .. what do you think the attendance will be?
Sorry I have no interest in football whatsoever.

However I do think there will be a a reasonable attendance from Gib, but there will be a lot of empty seats in the stadium. It really depends on who in Portugal would like to see a variety of European clubs.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

However I do think there will be a a reasonable attendance from Gib, but there will be a lot of empty seats in the stadium. It really depends on who in Portugal would like to see a variety of European clubs.
Ok Cheers .. lets hope there is a good turn out..
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure they enjoyed watching Albania too much
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok Cheers .. lets hope there is a good turn out..
The TV cameras were pointing towards the Polish fans which considering the score was probably a wise move
Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The TV cameras were pointing towards the Polish fans which considering the score was probably a wise move
It was a shame because the home fans outnumbered the away fans and in the first half they were in great voice... but yep the Polish fans kept us entertained with their singing in the second.

What I will say is I was amazed at how many people made the trip.. a credit to Gibraltar!!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What I will say is I was amazed at how many people made the trip.. a credit to Gibraltar!!
I must admit I watched the first half from just after the goal until half time, then kept an eye on the score on the PC.

I never saw any shots showing the Gib fans, can you estimate their number?

The TV estimated 200 polish fans.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 4:27 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The Algarve is still full of holidaymakers from the UK and some would certainly have taken the opportunity to see international football.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I must admit I watched the first half from just after the goal until half time, then kept an eye on the score on the PC.

I never saw any shots showing the Gib fans, can you estimate their number?

The TV estimated 200 polish fans.
I would say at least 1000 supporting GIB... 500 Polish Fans at a guess.

Tons of Gib plated cars in the car parks....

Telegraph quoted an attendance of 3000 but I can't find anywhere on web the official figure and they didn't announce it either...
Old Sep 8th 2014, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

4 hours door to door is easily achievable driving steadily
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:16 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

4 hours door to door is easily achievable driving steadily
Queueing time included?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Queueing time included?
I didn't state which doors

Spain have started work on the frontier reorganisation so far all that has been done is to move the vehicle crossing to the commercial entrance causing 2.5 hour queues yesterday evening within minutes of the new route opening.

The works are expected to take 6+ months so all future delays are with the blessing of the EU who have sanctioned the work.

I am sure Spain will not do anything to exacerbate the situation.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Sep 9th 2014 at 8:30 am.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would say at least 1000 supporting GIB... 500 Polish Fans at a guess.

Telegraph quoted an attendance of 3000 but I can't find anywhere on web the official figure and they didn't announce it either...
According to local news todays match Germany at home to Gibraltar there is a sell out at a 50,000 seater stadium.

Can be watched here from 20.35 cet
GBC | Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation