Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ghosts and haunted houses in Spain

Ghosts and haunted houses in Spain

Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:52 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ghosts and haunted houses in Spain

One thing that surprised me when I lived in Madrid was that no "ghost walks" were ever put on. Plenty of other guided tours and walks, but never ghost walks of the kind you'd find in lots of UK cities. Judging by the success of Harry Potter in Spain (and certain films) there must be some Spanish interested in this subject.
Does anyone know of haunted houses or ghost walks in Spain?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ghosts and haunted houses in Spain

I'm too easily scared, but here for starters

Link
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:59 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
I'm too easily scared, but here for starters

Link
Thx! (tried to give you karma, but was told to spread it around before giving you anymore, sorry!)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks anyway.

In bookshops here I have seen books about legends (some of them ghostly) about malaga. It might be worth browsing some online bookshops. And you may have found a niche in the market for tour guides...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by rachelk
Thanks anyway.

In bookshops here I have seen books about legends (some of them ghostly) about malaga. It might be worth browsing some online bookshops. And you may have found a niche in the market for tour guides...
Funnily enough I talked about this a couple of years ago with an American guy who lived in Madrid. He was an actor (among other diversions) and did do the occasional guided walking tour already. However he already had plans to move to London to try and improve his acting career and hopefully get better paid gigs (although he found paid jobs were even worse in London due to the competition, he eventually got lucky by chasing jobs abroad in places like Germany).
It's certainly something that someone already living there could look into (Madrid gets a lot of American visitors as well as Brits). I'm not so sure it could work in coastal tourist spots though - surely people are there for sand sea sangria and er seduction? But that's just my viewpoint.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Ask older Spanish friends about 'duendes'.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

an interesting post! Right up my "calle" (or carrer?)! i can tell you.

You may find the spanish quite simply consider anything paranormal as utter rubbish, or the work of the devil! As you may realise Spain is a strict and traditional catholic country (often cited as why Spain largely "closes" on Sundays, which being an avid shopper from the UK, can be a shock too!)

A very famous medium i very vaguely know told me also that even when we worked somewhere like Gibraltar (leave it, i know it isn't spain!), the people in general were very wary of anything that was jesus y maria related, so that is probably why you dont hear much about ghost hunting in Spain, it does actually go on but is very "niche" and in some cases regarded as being an "underground" pastime, not scientific, not proven and not the religion they know and believe in.

so that is why

but believe me there are plenty of spirits no, not> < .... in Spain and if you ask enough times, they may let you know that too!

(sound of scooby doo theme tune in the background....)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:43 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by painterhombre
an interesting post! Right up my "calle" (or carrer?)! i can tell you.

You may find the spanish quite simply consider anything paranormal as utter rubbish, or the work of the devil! As you may realise Spain is a strict and traditional catholic country (often cited as why Spain largely "closes" on Sundays, which being an avid shopper from the UK, can be a shock too!)

A very famous medium i very vaguely know told me also that even when we worked somewhere like Gibraltar (leave it, i know it isn't spain!), the people in general were very wary of anything that was jesus y maria related, so that is probably why you dont hear much about ghost hunting in Spain, it does actually go on but is very "niche" and in some cases regarded as being an "underground" pastime, not scientific, not proven and not the religion they know and believe in.

so that is why

but believe me there are plenty of spirits no, not> < .... in Spain and if you ask enough times, they may let you know that too!

(sound of scooby doo theme tune in the background....)
I'D HAVE GOT AWAY WITH IT TOO, IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE DARN MUCHACHOS!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:01 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Thx! (tried to give you karma, but was told to spread it around before giving you anymore, sorry!)
I have had that message for other folks too, is there something wrong with the forum?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
I have had that message for other folks too, is there something wrong with the forum?
you just have give karma to some different people - not to the same ones all the time

donations gratefully received
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Ghosts in the machine!!!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:14 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Ghosts in the machine!!!
Spooooooooky that!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:06 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that surprised me when I lived in Madrid was that no "ghost walks" were ever put on. Plenty of other guided tours and walks, but never ghost walks of the kind you'd find in lots of UK cities. Judging by the success of Harry Potter in Spain (and certain films) there must be some Spanish interested in this subject.
Does anyone know of haunted houses or ghost walks in Spain?
I dont know of any ghost walks in Spain, but Spain is full of fantasmas( in the Spanish sense of the word)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

We knew someone whio ran a business in an old building that they swore was haunted, they had seen things, etc etc etc, so I suggested we went there and spent the night.

Oddly there was always a reason why not........

I'd love to see something like that, but I think I've got about as much chance of that as seeing a genuine UFO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.