Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GHIC application

GHIC application

Old Jan 18th 2022, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default GHIC application

I applied for my GHIC last August and I have still not received it - anybody else doing any better?
Old Jan 18th 2022, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GHIC application

When we applied online we got acknowledgements that the applications had been accepted and the new cards followed fairly soon after, did you get that?

If not then you're waiting for something which isn't coming.

Old Jan 18th 2022, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Mine arrived in under a week. My S1 only took 2 weeks.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I had their acknowledgement, but nothing else!

S1 arrived in a reasonable time.

Beginning to think something has gone wrong...I will contact them.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Yes I had their acknowledgement, but nothing else!

S1 arrived in a reasonable time.

Beginning to think something has gone wrong...I will contact them.
When my wife applied for hers there was quite a delay. We contacted them and although she had received and submitted her S1 and received her Spanish health card. The completed copy of the S1 that INSS send back to UK had not been received in UK. We had to re attend INSS to try and sort it out. They had the completed copy but required UK to inform them to resend it. Eventually we managed to get them to communicate each other by email and the matter was resolved and her GHIC turned up quickly after that. I would add that both departments in UK and INSS were really helpful it basically came down to a glitch in the system.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mustard is an unknown quantity at this point

Last JULY I wrote to HMRC about problems I'm having with double taxation and enclosing all the documentation they requested.

I heard nothing but called them today. Very helpful person but the bad news was that I can expect a reply / resolution in MAY this year!!!

So that will be 10 months. He said they are very busy....