Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

getting married in almeria?????

getting married in almeria?????

Old May 31st 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

lamela1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting married in almeria?????

hi can any one tell me if i can get married in almeria and is it recconised as legal in england as my daughter loves almeria and would love to get married there this year thanks helen
Old May 31st 2011, 5:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting married in almeria?????

Yes, you can get married in Spain but it is very complicated and with loads of paperwork.

In my opinion it really isn't worth the effort and expense!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I go along with Fred on that. Cheaper to go to Cancun Mexico and get wed on the beach there halfway though a two week 5 star holiday.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:11 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I attended an expat wedding in Spain and it had an interpreter to translate the proceedings, but she wasn't very good. The expat audience was in stitches at the translation, but the bride and groom joined in the fun and even the Spanish official tried to help in his broken English.

The couple did have an impressive pile of documents in Spanish, un-translated, and didn't have a clue what was on them.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Try Gibraltar instead. For two British nationals the paper work was not a mountain and it is accepted as a legal marriage. The Botanical Gradens have a choice of venues to use for not a lot of money. The Rock Hotel is nearby and we walked down for our wedding. The hotel also has a choice of places to get married, much more cenitmos though.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Trench is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about the message that was considerated spam I only wanted to help.

Getting married in Spain is possible. It's true that it needs lots of paperwork but it's a wedding! It's normal

Catholics of any country can be married legally in Spain. The legal documents needed depends on the Town Hall of the city you choose.

If you tell me where does your daughter want to celebrate the wedding I'll try to help you.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GestoriaSalvador

Getting married in Spain is possible. It's true that it needs lots of paperwork but it's a wedding! It's normal

Catholics of any country can be married legally in Spain. The legal documents needed depends on the Town Hall of the city you choose.

If you tell me where does your daughter want to celebrate the wedding I'll try to help you.
can non-catholics not get married here then?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Trench is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course they can xDD Maybe I had not been so clear, sorry!

But it's a little more difficult if you want a civil ceremony in Spain, because one of the couple has to be "empadronado" (registered) in Spain.

Documents also change in the way you want to get married (Religious or Civil), that's why I need more information to explain it.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:39 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they can xDD Maybe I had not been so clear, sorry!

But it's a little more difficult if you want a civil ceremony in Spain, because one of the couple has to be "empadronado" (registered) in Spain.

Documents also change in the way you want to get married (Religious or Civil), that's why I need more information to explain it.
so catholics don't have to be empadronado

what if you don't want a civil ceremony, but a non-catholic church wedding?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

lamela1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there we are looking at the area of sorbas as i have a house in the area but dont live there full time or mojaca , or near by if that helps you at all any help would be gratefully received .thank you helen.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been covered before, see my post for the requirements for a civil ceremony.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=lyric050203

It's four or five posts down. I think the requirements are similar for a religious ceremony, obviously a non catholic wedding in a catholic country is going to be awkward.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I agree with the posters re the cost and difficulties, the people I know who live in Almeria and Granada province went to Gib so make things easier and cheaper, I beleieve it is a lot of hassle.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:50 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adra04778
I agree with the posters re the cost and difficulties, the people I know who live in Almeria and Granada province went to Gib so make things easier and cheaper, I beleieve it is a lot of hassle.
Yes, same here, I know several couples who have married in Gibraltar, quite straightforward I believe.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:35 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lamela1234
hi can any one tell me if i can get married in almeria and is it recconised as legal in england as my daughter loves almeria and would love to get married there this year thanks helen

The questions are:
What type of wedding is she looking for, civil or church?
If church, which religion?
Do you all speak Spanish?
What is the appeal of marrying here?
Does she think it would be more romantic to marry in Spain?

Civil wedding in Spain is no different to one in UK but in a different language, so no more romantic than UK. If you do not all speak Spanish, how will the ceremony mean anything to any of you but in particular the bride and groom because if they do not understand anything that is being said there is no meaning to their vows. The paperwork hassles are horrendous so more stressful than UK or Gib.

Wedding days should be enjoyed not stressful and incomprehensible, or full of potential hitches.

Good luck to her whatever she decides.

Oh and by the way welcome to the forum, hope you gain a lot of insights and enjoy being a member.

Rosemary
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Try Gibraltar instead. For two British nationals the paper work was not a mountain and it is accepted as a legal marriage. The Botanical Gradens have a choice of venues to use for not a lot of money. The Rock Hotel is nearby and we walked down for our wedding. The hotel also has a choice of places to get married, much more cenitmos though.
http://www.gibraltargardens.gi/Weddings.php

Guess what I'm doing today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.