Gestor price ?

Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

craiginspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gestor price ?

hey all ,
So , got my licence changed to a spanish one , all ready to buy my car now...just wondering if anyone knows how much a gestor charges for doing the transferencia ? and if he will tell you if there are oustanding fines etc ..

cheers
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gestor price ?

Originally Posted by craiginspain
hey all ,
So , got my licence changed to a spanish one , all ready to buy my car now...just wondering if anyone knows how much a gestor charges for doing the transferencia ? and if he will tell you if there are oustanding fines etc ..

cheers
No idea how much he will charge, but you can generally do this fairly painlessly yourself and save the gestors charge, for example if you where in Malaga you could probably do this at traffico in about 2 hours if you have the car tax paid up to date and any other relevant papers.

A call at the local town hall with the reg number and owners name if you have it should help for any outstanding tax and parking fines on the car.

The link in Free Beer sections links to the following, although when I sold my car I never had 'a', 'f' or 'g' as far as I remember and didn't seem to have a problem. I went up to traffico with the buyer and we actually did everything in just over an hour but what you need and the time will be relevant to the area you are in.

a) The private purchasing contract signed by both parties and original and photocopies of their identification documents and NIF cards.
b) Permiso de Circulación for the car, signed on the back by the vendor, with a witness to the signature, for instance, by a bank.
c) Tarjeta de Inspección Tecnica for the car, with the stamps for the last technical inspection from the ITV.
d) Receipt for payment of Vehicle Tax for last year.
e) Solicitud de Transferencia, a grey form from Jefatura de Trafico, signed by the vendor, and his signature witnessed by the bank (It is better to go to the Jefatura together with the vendor).
f) Transferencia, a green document for the transfer of the municipal Vehicle Tax, signed by vendor.
g) The form 565 for the Impuesto Especial sobre Medios de Transporte, to be signed by the buyer or his representative and submitted to Hacienda (if the special registration tax is applicable).

Hope this helps
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

thanks thats very helpful

so the reason people use gestores i guess is just to save the hassle of actually doing the paperwork ? i dont mind doing it myself as long as they tell me about outstanding fines etc , thats the main worry.

ithink the transferencia cost is 4% of the car value....lets see if i can find someone to include it !

cheers
Craig in Salamanca ( Castilla y leon )
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:27 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

My gestor charged me 40€ for a vehicle transfer, Oct 07.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

40€ ?? thats sounds good ! how was the process ? you both went to his office and sat there whike he did it all ? haha or is that too good to be true ....

were you informed that there were no outstanding fines or anything ?

cheers
Craig
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:01 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the vendor and I went to visit the gestor together, signed all the necessary paperwork, I received a temporary proof of ownership slip and about 3 or 4 weeks later I was able to collect all the new paperwork in my name. They only check that the car tax is paid up afaik.

Last edited by Hillybilly; Mar 2nd 2008 at 4:02 pm. Reason: sp
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

thats cool , at least you get the proof so you can drive your new car

hmm , so the 40€ that you paid , that was the whole transferencia and everything ...well thats a lot better than going to jefatura and paying 4% ...im buying 3000€ car , so thats 120€ ......sounds good with a gestor !!

hmm but then again , if its the jefatura who will tell me if there is anything outstanding...maybe better there...

OH WHY IS IT ALL SO BLOODY COMPLICATED ?? I WANNA GO HOME !!!!! :curse:
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

If you buy a used car from a reputable dealer they will usually see to everything for you inclusive in the price of the car
Plus they are obliged by law to give at least one year Guarantee.