Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Germany exporting old and sick abroad

Germany exporting old and sick abroad

Old Dec 28th 2012, 1:13 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Germany exporting old and sick abroad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ign-care-homes

Growing numbers of elderly and sick Germans are being sent overseas for long-term care in retirement and rehabilitation centres because of rising costs and falling standards in Germany.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:22 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germany exporting old and sick abroad

I reckon that's another the benefits of the "neue Eureich".
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the headline but didn't realise they were being sent against their will! That's not on.

Could be a future growth industry on the Spanish Costas though? They could surely convert some of those unfinished apartment blocks. I can just read the Daily Mail headlines: "Pensioners live cushy life in the sun at taxpayers' expense", blah blah!
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Merkels plans for the Fourth Reich still on sked I see.
Get rid of the old and useless, whilst importing the best qualified technicians from Spain and elsewhere at the same time, ......though soon even that won't be necessary as Spain becomes one of the first to fall into her grasp.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Get rid of the old and useless, whilst importing the best qualified technicians from Spain and elsewhere at the same time, ......though soon even that won't be necessary as Spain becomes one of the first to fall into her grasp.
Glad we'll be out of it!
Pleading with the UK not to quit, he said a British exit would “see a friend walk off into the desert”.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Britain-s-exit
Old Dec 29th 2012, 8:58 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
still not sure this isnt still the Third Reich, part of a l o n g term plan to join europe under german control after the military option failed.

germany came out of the war better off than britain after all the spoon feeding from the marshall plan funding the rebuild.

`
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:25 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
still not sure this isnt still the Third Reich, part of a l o n g term plan to join europe under german control after the military option failed.

germany came out of the war better off than britain after all the spoon feeding from the marshall plan funding the rebuild.

`
LOTS of infrastructure was paid for by the US and Britain after the war. Not to mention Europe escaping major expenses everyone else had to bear, such as defence... I reckon that's one reason why Europe is in the habit of pretending it can spend more than anyone else. Large parts of its budget have traditionally been paid for by others (an eerily familiar European anthem...).
Old Dec 30th 2012, 11:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
LOTS of infrastructure was paid for by the US and Britain after the war. Not to mention Europe escaping major expenses everyone else had to bear, such as defence... I reckon that's one reason why Europe is in the habit of pretending it can spend more than anyone else. Large parts of its budget have traditionally been paid for by others (an eerily familiar European anthem...).
which brings back the old question
"who actually won the war ??"

Britain went through a very bad patch trying to compete with its clapped out machinery countries who had new buildings and machinery of the latest type and the high spending of the US occupying forces where money was no object.

`
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise such places existed until I saw the article, but having done a bit of surfing about places like this
http://www.careresortchiangmai.com/

I might be tempted to put my name down when I'm in my dotage! I can't see any reference to cost on their website, but it looks a more appealing option than any care home I've seen elsewhere.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:06 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Not the biggest of surprises, but the Valencian regime is in negotiations with a German operator to set up their retirement care homes there (article in Spanish)

http://www.eleconomista.es/valencian...alemanes-.html
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:38 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Not the biggest of surprises, but the Valencian regime is in negotiations with a German operator to set up their retirement care homes there (article in Spanish)

http://www.eleconomista.es/valencian...alemanes-.html
So is this a sign of a new Spanish boom, Stevie, or simply more evidence of its dying economy ?