Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

General Election Called for November

General Election Called for November

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: General Election Called for November

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it doesn't seem right, does it?

but as someone on here reminded me a short time ago we can still vote in UK national elections if we want to for up to 15 years of leaving - but as I said - why would I bother

it does beg the question though - after 15 years, when we can no longer vote in the UK - where CAN you vote?

I understand you'd have to take Spanish nationality to be able to vote here
I don't think you are a pensioner but if you were you would feel how much the standstill in SP has affected us all and the new threat down the road is the single pension of circa £140 pw this is to be paid for by consolidating all those little add on such as Christmas Bonus and Winter Fuel Allowance that are not taxable but the new pension just as the current one is. oh and by the way it is not to be paid to existing pensioners!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election Called for November

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I don't think you are a pensioner but if you were you would feel how much the standstill in SP has affected us all and the new threat down the road is the single pension of circa £140 pw this is to be paid for by consolidating all those little add on such as Christmas Bonus and Winter Fuel Allowance that are not taxable but the new pension just as the current one is. oh and by the way it is not to be paid to existing pensioners!
no I'm not a pensioner - & I was talking personally, not for anyone else

according to my last pension forecast I'll get next to nothing when I'm too old to enjoy it, & I suspect no amount of voting for anyone in particular will change things

I do understand how it has affected people like yourselves, though
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

according to my last pension forecast I'll get next to nothing when I'm too old to enjoy it, & I suspect no amount of voting for anyone in particular will change things
Like most of us, you are not wealthy, you do not have power or influence. Why would you think anyone in power would give a sh*t whether you lived or died? Let alone the quality of you pension?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Like most of us, you are not wealthy, you do not have power or influence. Why would you think anyone in power would give a sh*t whether you lived or died? Let alone the quality of you pension?
I think you're agreeing with me..............
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:41 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're agreeing with me..............
Yep. It's our role in life to pay into a pension, and then get royally shafted by both pension fims and governments.

Enjoy!