Gcse's

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gcse's

Originally Posted by kelterjon
Hi there,

at what age would you suggest to old, to start in a spanish state school, my boys are 4, 6 and 10(almost 11) and all due to start in a spanish school in March 07. My eldest has been having two private lessons of spanish a week, for the past 6 months and will continue to do so until we move out. Little ones following 'MUZZY', all seem to be doing well. Any views and experiences appreciated

Thanks

They should all be fine, though your attitude to learning & speaking the language yourself will have some effect.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:41 am
Just Joined

kelterjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
They should all be fine, though your attitude to learning & speaking the language yourself will have some effect.
Sorry, forgot to mention husband and I are also learning, and try to speak as much spanish as we can at home with the children. The kids love it as they all try and out do each other so work harder, we do have good fun. Everyday one of them always asks " how do you say this (different words and phrases) in spanish". Just wanted feedback about how older children get on really (for my eldest is 10)

Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelterjon
Sorry, forgot to mention husband and I are also learning, and try to speak as much spanish as we can at home with the children. The kids love it as they all try and out do each other so work harder, we do have good fun. Everyday one of them always asks " how do you say this (different words and phrases) in spanish". Just wanted feedback about how older children get on really (for my eldest is 10)

Thanks
They should have no problems then. I've just started teaching a 9 year old child who has has all his education in spanish school, but is failing Spanish. The teacher says it is because he doesn't have the vocabulary of spanish kids his age. I can't help him with that....and I doubt that any one person can, though I can help him understand the grammar, & that way he should start passing his tests.

The only way his vocab will increase is if he is 'immersed' in the language & not just at school.........but the parents speak little or no spanish, they rent english DVDs, watch english TV, read english books & newspapers......and in the summer when their urbanisation is full of spanish kids on holiday..........they go to England!

my kids have a spanish vocab equal to spanish kids their age (according to their teachers)..........after just 2 years in spanish school & 3 in Spain! The difference.......spanish tele, books, DVDs.........and we stay here in the summer and they speak more spanish than english........I think their spanish actually improves in the summer, unlike for most english kids