Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GB pound weakening

GB pound weakening

Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of
Default Re: GB pound weakening

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Have you had a look @ page B4
www.telegraph.co.uk/personalview
The article by Ambrose Evans-Prichard makes for interesting reading
Followed this URL and was fascinated by Christopher Bookers personal view. Very grateful for the diversion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-disorder.html

Jim
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

RONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really nice

Pound still falling

My laptop widget says it buys €1.094

Grim innit.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Mine said 1,08 a while ago. Nearly time to buy again?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

The dollar is the bellwether here.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:25 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RONLIN
Pound still falling

My laptop widget says it buys €1.094

Grim innit.

Whoo hoo!!!! Could be time for a trip to Blighty again then and see how much further my euro goes. I absolutely LOVE this falling pound!!!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Whoo hoo!!!! Could be time for a trip to Blighty again then and see how much further my euro goes. I absolutely LOVE this falling pound!!!!!!!
I'd be careful if I was you they might not let you back , undesirable is the word I think they use.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:24 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be careful if I was you they might not let you back , undesirable is the word I think they use.

It's alright Chris, I don't travel through England anymore. Direct into Cardiff means I don't have to get dirty

PS ..... what happened to the Strongbow meeting?????
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

It's alright Chris, I don't travel through England anymore. Direct into Cardiff means I don't have to get dirty

PS ..... what happened to the Strongbow meeting?????
Sorry about not coming over , by the time I had sorted out the bank & repaired / replaced everything damaged in the apartment due to the weather it was time to get the flight home.
Plus I didn't need you reminding me that if it wasn't for Italy England would probable be bottom ot the 6 Nations
I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you return to Blighty & you don't have to pay 5euros/pounds for a pint of apple juice

Last edited by chrismortley; Mar 13th 2009 at 8:44 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:48 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Just found this tip from my boys bumper book of credit crunch tips. Do not throw away those annoying wire coat hangers you get from the dry cleaners, Put them to good use. See pick below. Remember they make fantastic presents for birthday, anniversary. Will save you Eurossssssssssssssssssss.Just to make you DIY chaps a bit jealous,Take note Bil, I have included a pic of our new on-suite note this is prior to the new Loo roll holder. Bring back Izel paper is what I say.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Just found this tip from my boys bumper book of credit crunch tips. Do not throw away those annoying wire coat hangers you get from the dry cleaners, Put them to good use. See pick below. Remember they make fantastic presents for birthday, anniversary. Will save you Eurossssssssssssssssssss.Just to make you DIY chaps a bit jealous,Take note Bil, I have included a pic of our new on-suite note this is prior to the new Loo roll holder. Bring back Izel paper is what I say.
Whats a dry cleaners ?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:09 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdr
Whats a dry cleaners ?

Try here..............These shop-girls only work Saturdays Try the VIP service and whilst your busy your trousers will be pressed. Two birds one stone....getit two birds

http://www.hotpgreen.com/index.asp

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 13th 2009 at 9:15 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:37 am

Sorry about not coming over , by the time I had sorted out the bank & repaired / replaced everything damaged in the apartment due to the weather it was time to get the flight home.
Plus I didn't need you reminding me that if it wasn't for Italy England would probable be bottom ot the 6 Nations
I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you return to Blighty & you don't have to pay 5euros/pounds for a pint of apple juice
Is that how much Canela/Ayamonte is charging now for cider? And they moan they have no customers!!!!

It's good for me now - had to go back mid-December for a weekend, just as the pound levelled out. It was nice paying the equivalent of €2.30 for a pint instead of pushing towards €4 like it would have worked out 12-18 months ago.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Now the UK government is copying the Zimbarbwe econmic model.

Please can I have my own printing press?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Is that how much Canela/Ayamonte is charging now for cider? And they moan they have no customers!!!!

It's good for me now - had to go back mid-December for a weekend, just as the pound levelled out. It was nice paying the equivalent of €2.30 for a pint instead of pushing towards €4 like it would have worked out 12-18 months ago.
No good for my bloody pension money though ;-((
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:54 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I found Spain still cheaper than the UK on my recent trip (even in Madrid a glass of good wine with free snack was 2 Euros - in Cantabria it was possible to get a glass of wine for 60 cents in village bars). Of course this was slanted by public transport - the pound will have to half in value again before GB transport appears good value. It does help if you avoid the artificial quantity called "a pint" in Spain - ask for a botellin (small bottle) or a tercio (1/3 litre) to get better value (or the relevant glass name if you want barril beer). Best thing to buy in bulk if coming to the UK must surely be tea bags - has the advantage of being relatively light.

Of course, if you can endure Wetherspoons in the UK, then you're laughing (beer for 99p, Guiness 1.70 a pint).

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Mar 13th 2009 at 12:55 pm. Reason: mention Wetherspoooons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.