Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GB pound weakening

GB pound weakening

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro weakening

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Use this its updated every 15 mins.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/f.../one_month.stm
Not a pretty sight.
The end of that graph seems to have dropped of the end of my table and disappeared down the toilet!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:45 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Not a pretty sight.
The end of that graph seems to have dropped of the end of my table and disappeared down the toilet!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...a-big-cut.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; Dec 3rd 2008 at 11:48 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

I prefer: www.xe.com

It is a very worrying time for us all. at the moment.

We have to get some money transferred from the UK to Spain in the next few days, we are not sure which day to do it.

Wendy x
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:04 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
I prefer: www.xe.com

It is a very worrying time for us all. at the moment.

We have to get some money transferred from the UK to Spain in the next few days, we are not sure which day to do it.

Wendy x

Midday tomorrow The Bank Of England will announce a further rate drop which could be as much as 1 per cent. People/Institutions tend to move out of sterling when the rate is lowered hence a lower Pound/Euro in the short term pending Europe doing their bit and then sterling hopefully will nibble at the euro.At the moment the European dealers are giving sterling a severe back stab but you never know it may come back to bite em in the ass. Wendy re the currency exchanges The currency exchange has a slightly better rate than XE.Com which could be in your favour if you are moving a few thousend pound/euros. Check them against each other. Good luck with your transfer..

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...-of.4754868.jp
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
I prefer: www.xe.com...
Yes, I prefer this one for more detailed information but my add-on allows me to see the current £/€ rate at a glance without going to the web site. It automatically updates every fifteen minutes or when you right click on it. 1.1536 at the moment.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Yes, I prefer this one for more detailed information but my add-on allows me to see the current £/€ rate at a glance without going to the web site. It automatically updates every fifteen minutes or when you right click on it. 1.1536 at the moment.
Gbp rates went below euro rates last month for the first time by 1/4 %
now gap is 1/2 %.That means interest rate differential support GBP has had in past is now gone.As I mentioned on other forum couple of weeks ago
when financial wolves are circling they look for animal (GBP) outside the herd (Euro countries) to hunt down. Wiv clown Brown in charge and throwing money that moves as long as it buys him votes who the hell wants to own Gbp.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

errrm, is this the right title for this thread
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
errrm, is this the right title for this thread
The title was a momentary aberration. My apologies.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
The title was a momentary aberration. My apologies.
No probs, shall I change it to pound for you ?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

It might make more sense?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GB pound weakening

In defence of Bigglesworth I think the euro was actually weakening when he started the thread.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Drewth is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to this forum having been researching the internet to see how other expats are managing in the wake of the collapse of sterling.
I live near a town called Torrevieja in Spain and for one, I am really struggling and worried sick. I have just had my largest electric bill ever as it has been very cold here and that coupled with the Pound buying only 1.15 Euro or so today has made things very difficult. Indeed, everything I had planned for in retirement has now gone by the by. I am on a fixed pound income monthly.
I went to my local bank today to pay some money from Pound Account to Euro one to cover the coming water bill and the lady in the queue ahead of me told me she was unable to pay her small mortgage. The cashier who is in fact German, said his branch had been innundated by Brit expats in financial difficulties of one sort or another. I never ever thought it would come to this.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drewth
I am new to this forum having been researching the internet to see how other expats are managing in the wake of the collapse of sterling.
I live near a town called Torrevieja in Spain and for one, I am really struggling and worried sick. I have just had my largest electric bill ever as it has been very cold here and that coupled with the Pound buying only 1.15 Euro or so today has made things very difficult. Indeed, everything I had planned for in retirement has now gone by the by. I am on a fixed pound income monthly.
I went to my local bank today to pay some money from Pound Account to Euro one to cover the coming water bill and the lady in the queue ahead of me told me she was unable to pay her small mortgage. The cashier who is in fact German, said his branch had been innundated by Brit expats in financial difficulties of one sort or another. I never ever thought it would come to this.
Its difficult times .... you can only console yourself with the fact that the cost of living is still cheaper here for us "earning" in sterling, and of course we would probably be much worse off if we were back in the UK
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:57 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its difficult times .... you can only console yourself with the fact that the cost of living is still cheaper here for us "earning" in sterling, and of course we would probably be much worse off if we were back in the UK
I'm not so sure of that any more, when I go back to the Uk i'm quite surprised how much cheaper things are there than here.

I went to the chippy the other night, 2 fish and chips, peas, curry and 2 cans of coke....€26 !!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Gbp rates went below euro rates last month for the first time by 1/4 %
now gap is 1/2 %.That means interest rate differential support GBP has had in past is now gone.As I mentioned on other forum couple of weeks ago
when financial wolves are circling they look for animal (GBP) outside the herd (Euro countries) to hunt down. Wiv clown Brown in charge and throwing money that moves as long as it buys him votes who the hell wants to own Gbp.
Just wait and watch him take the oppertunity to change UK currency to the Euro!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.