Gaviscon

Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough
Default Gaviscon

Hi

A couple of days ago, a question was asked; Why we cannot obtain any Gaviscon products from a farmacía in Spain?

We could not tell our friends the answer as we could not remember; does anybody else know?

Regards

Richard
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:30 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaviscon

Yes we can buy them in ours.

Brian
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

just go into your local farmacia and ask for Almax, it-s in tablets or liquid form and works just as well as Gaviscon
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We use a brand called Moxol over here.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Hi Re: Almax. I personally use this product and find it to quite effective and cheaper than Gavascon tablets.

The original question arose amongst a conversation the other evening and as I said previously, we were unable to answer the question.

When my wife and I settled here, 6 years ago, we went to our local farmacía, who speaks good English and he told us why it was not sold, but all these years later we cannot remember what the reason was.

When we next visit, we shall make enquiries to find out if one can obtain any Gavascon products in our part of the world. Also, in Alcala la Real, we now have an English centre, which caters for all us expats. We shall ask them, if any of the farmacías in the town stock Gavascon.

Regards
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricardoylucia
Hi Re: Almax. I personally use this product and find it to quite effective and cheaper than Gavascon tablets.

The original question arose amongst a conversation the other evening and as I said previously, we were unable to answer the question.

When my wife and I settled here, 6 years ago, we went to our local farmacía, who speaks good English and he told us why it was not sold, but all these years later we cannot remember what the reason was.

When we next visit, we shall make enquiries to find out if one can obtain any Gavascon products in our part of the world. Also, in Alcala la Real, we now have an English centre, which caters for all us expats. We shall ask them, if any of the farmacías in the town stock Gavascon.

Regards
It could be as simple as Gaviscon and Almax being made by he same company, just that the name over here is Almax , There are many such products, Persil and Skip, Kraft and El caserio cheese. Easch of thepairs is made by the same copany, just that they use different names over here. Also things like Marathon, Jif Oil of Ulay, etc were rebranded so that the products had the same names in all countries
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It could be as simple as Gaviscon and Almax being made by he same company, just that the name over here is Almax , There are many such products, Persil and Skip, Kraft and El caserio cheese. Easch of thepairs is made by the same copany, just that they use different names over here. Also things like Marathon, Jif Oil of Ulay, etc were rebranded so that the products had the same names in all countries
Rennies esp too.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

As I have said previously, I use Almax - they are good.

My wife is a nurse, so I leave many of these things in her good hands and of course, all her medical knowledge and pharmaceutical books.

Regards
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:36 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Alquen effervescent tablets are also very good. Much better than Gaviscon
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lionda
I am sure Alquen is Ranitidine, which is Zantac.
As I said before, I personally use Almax, but do use Omeprazol, just to alleviate the worst.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:51 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

A couple of days ago, a question was asked; Why we cannot obtain any Gaviscon products from a farmacía in Spain?

We could not tell our friends the answer as we could not remember; does anybody else know?

Regards

Richard
Very, very nicely advertised! Well done!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Hi Lionda
I am sure Alquen is Ranitidine, which is Zantac.
I ran out out of Ranitidine and went to our local pharmacia in Spain where they duly gave me Ranitidina.

I have only once received Zantac from the NHS in lieu of Ranitidene as the cost of Zantac is almost double.

Jim