Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GAS SUPPLIER IN NERJA

GAS SUPPLIER IN NERJA

Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

hallega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GAS SUPPLIER IN NERJA

Can anyone recommend a gas supplier in or near Nerja?

My solicitor is telling me that to carry on with the present one I need the vendor's signature and mine to enable a new contract.

Of course the vendor is no longer in Spain and so we will need a power of attorney to sign for her and possibly me...can you see where this is going yet?

How much is this gonna cost me I wonder...any ideas please.

By the way it's snowing AGAIN!!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:01 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GAS SUPPLIER IN NERJA

Isn´t it possible for you to start a new contract?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:00 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallega
Can anyone recommend a gas supplier in or near Nerja?

My solicitor is telling me that to carry on with the present one I need the vendor's signature and mine to enable a new contract.

Of course the vendor is no longer in Spain and so we will need a power of attorney to sign for her and possibly me...can you see where this is going yet?

How much is this gonna cost me I wonder...any ideas please.

By the way it's snowing AGAIN!!!
Are you talking about bottled or piped gas? Everyone tells me that you need to have a contract for bottled gas but I'm yet to find anyone that actually has one (Spanish or English)!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bottled gas, we have about 5 small bottles that I suppose are for the hot water boiler, (haven't had time to investigate yet properly).

It seems to be that we have to have this contract, if anyone else near by does otherwise, can you let me know please. Thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Are you talking about bottled or piped gas? Everyone tells me that you need to have a contract for bottled gas but I'm yet to find anyone that actually has one (Spanish or English)!
My son got one and two free silver bottles of gas from the local petrol station when they did a promotion a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Bottled gas, we have about 5 small bottles that I suppose are for the hot water boiler, (haven't had time to investigate yet properly).

It seems to be that we have to have this contract, if anyone else near by does otherwise, can you let me know please. Thanks.
around here most just take an empty one to the repsol garage & swap it for a full one

then pay at the desk
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Are you talking about bottled or piped gas?
Has Nerja got piped gas now?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Not really in Nerja itself, hubby says we'll just go and buy some when we want some, I'm really not happy about having to pay the solicitors to go and sign a bit of paper for goodness sake!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

It is a simple as a previous poster has said, if you have bottles left behind just take them to nearest supplier and exchange them, if you need a contract again you see the person that supplies them. Dont worry about it very very easy
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Not really in Nerja itself, hubby says we'll just go and buy some when we want some, I'm really not happy about having to pay the solicitors to go and sign a bit of paper for goodness sake!

Dont pay a solicitor anything for this service , if you have empty`s you can change them at most garages ,otherwise you will need a saftery cert from a gas fitter then you can buy bottles
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
It is a simple as a previous poster has said, if you have bottles left behind just take them to nearest supplier and exchange them, if you need a contract again you see the person that supplies them. Dont worry about it very very easy
I needed a gas bottle for fire and as said just went to Repsol garage as I didn't have one to exchange it cost me 20 euro to get one with a contract,plus cost of full bottle about 10 euro, girl said if you return empty bottle with contract sheet you get your 20 euro back.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone for your very prompt replies, the estate agent has told me to ask for the contract back from the solicitors.

I think we'll just take the bottles to a garage, so easy when you know how, innit!

What would I do without you lot...thanks a million
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:11 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Thank you everyone for your very prompt replies, the estate agent has told me to ask for the contract back from the solicitors.

I think we'll just take the bottles to a garage, so easy when you know how, innit!

What would I do without you lot...thanks a million

Bit of a late reply - we inherited bottles with the house. The gas man comes round 2 days a week we just leave the empty bottles outside and he pips his horn, for his money. We have no contracts.

On a funny note he does have a fag in his mouth all the time when delivering the gas
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Assuming transport, in Nerja leave heading for Torrox on the coast road, just before the Repsol garage (who charge a small premium at present) there is a Repsol gas depot on the right just pull into the yard.

Same deal take an empty get a refill, no questions asked.