Gas Heater

Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gas Heater

I have a somewhat antiquated gas water heater, and of course it has an outside flue. It does the job (just) . However I have been told that by law I need to get it inspected every year, and that the authorities make spot checks with heave fines. Is this true? What should I expect to pay for a service ? (inland Andalucia). can any one help?
confused:
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:36 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Heater

All the unit I have seen have an outside flue & I have not heard about a yearly inspection myself.
If its that old as your post implies, then would it not be better value to buy a new heater ?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but I am a Yorkshireman currently living in Scotland LOL
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:10 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
I have a somewhat antiquated gas water heater, and of course it has an outside flue. It does the job (just) . However I have been told that by law I need to get it inspected every year, and that the authorities make spot checks with heave fines. Is this true? What should I expect to pay for a service ? (inland Andalucia). can any one help?
confused:
unless the law has changed its every five years.if you have a gas cert there is no problem.5 year inspections are free from repsol.they only check.emisson of poison gas.leaks.and dates on your orange hose.as i said unless things have changed recently.if any one official looking knocks on the door and scares you by quoting laws and compulsery inspection tell them to get lost or you will be about 500e worse off and you will have sighned a worthless contract to let them inspect and repair as they see fit every 12 months.ring repsol and get the info to put your mind at eaze
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.
That is really helpfull.
I will be going over to live there either this year or next, and I want to get as many things sorted out as possible before I go.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:38 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
That is really helpfull.
I will be going over to live there either this year or next, and I want to get as many things sorted out as possible before I go.
you will find most people will help you based on experiance.but the eazest way is to get some one to ring who ever about whatever and get it straight from the horses mouth.well hope you get over and good luck when you do.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

confused:
Glad you've given me this opportunity to make a dire warning!
There are gangs of con artists operating, (certainly all over Seville and Huelva provinces) knocking on doors about the 'revision' and sugggesting they are authorised by the Junta de Andalucia, they flap their cards under your nose and tell you you have to have this revision done by law. I let these guys in because I was actually expecting someone to be sent by my landlord.
They take your equipment apart whiule another of them distracts you by talking about the trees in your patio etc and then they fill in a load of forms and demand a couple of hundred Euros from you. Even though I realised half way through that I was being conned, and I called on the Local policeman who called in the Guardia Civil I had already called my landlord who talked me into paying them by saying they'd sort it out with me later.
I did make a denuncia but unfortunately my som was getting married on the date the court appearance came up.
I did run (harrass) the *bastards* out of the pueblo a couple of days later, but apparently they were back again this year while I was away, and a couple of old people got conned.
You should be able to ask your Repsol supplier for the authorised agent's number and it should cost you less than 50 euros. They will change the rubber connecting tube (to have one with a new date on it) and possibly the attachment. You only have to have it checked every 5 years.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

You can play their game and when they present the bill just shrug and say you have no cash.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
You can play their game and when they present the bill just shrug and say you have no cash.
You missed the point. Your equipment is all over the floor and they won't put it together until you've paid them. They are very slick! I'm not a stupid woman and I got caught out.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:20 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angiescarr
You missed the point. Your equipment is all over the floor and they won't put it together until you've paid them. They are very slick! I'm not a stupid woman and I got caught out.
Definetely slick ones, good thing you´ve called the police!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
Definetely slick ones, good thing you´ve called the police!
When the police first arrived they didn't know what was going on so they weren't sure who was doing what to whom. But when they took the gas guy's documents and went away and checked them they came back with a whole different attitude. Unfortunately for me, I'd already paid the money.
When I went to do the denuncia they showed me that there was a string of denuncias against these guys.
BTW they arrive at your door as one person, but once they get in a couple of others miraculously appear. Also, when they're talking to the police they have a carefully rehersed line that YOU invited them in and YOU asked them to test the system etc. all of which is only half true but enough true to make you feel a fool, and them look in the right. The problem is most people who get caught out feel too foolish or are too old to go and do the denuncia.
I hope it doesn't happen to anyone on here, but if it does... Do the denuncia!!!
if not for yourselves, for the old folk they steal from by intimidation!