Reload this Page >

Garage/Mechanic?

Garage/Mechanic?

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Marymaccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Garage/Mechanic?

Hello all,
Just wondering if anybody could recommend a garage where English is spoken for work on wheel bearings/brakes. We have a Honda CRV.

Many thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Garage/Mechanic?

If you are looking in the Ayamonte area, there was a Welsh couple recommended in the Car Tyres thread.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:01 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

There´s the Ford garage but you pay triple! Take a dictionary and go to the Opel garage or try Jaime at Tasmania. Or get somebody local to help you out with translating.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharon B
If you are looking in the Ayamonte area, there was a Welsh couple recommended in the Car Tyres thread.
Hi Sharon
Thanks for your suggestion. Being a pleb, could you tell me how I can find this thread, as I have used the search button at top and get nowhere.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Marymaccy
Hi Sharon
Thanks for your suggestion. Being a pleb, could you tell me how I can find this thread, as I have used the search button at top and get nowhere.
No problem, we have all had to go through what you are trying to do.

Go to the top of the Ayamonte forum and there is a search forum box. Click on it and put in whatever you are searching for, in this case for eg type car tyres. You will then get a list of threads and then click into whatever info you require.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sharon - am making progress...now all I have to do is find the Welshman!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:09 pm
Jur

Thanks Sharon - am making progress...now all I have to do is find the Welshman!
They´re in Calle Gibraleon, right hand side just before the Opel. But it´s a car tyre place not a mechanic.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, and my hubbie informs me that is not what we need! We hardly know how to explain the problem in English so we are not confident of going to a Spanish speaking garage.
Does anybody know someone in Portugal?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
They´re in Calle Gibraleon, right hand side just before the Opel. But it´s a car tyre place not a mechanic.
They do have a mechanic there as well, I needed my brakes checked.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:38 pm
Jur

Yes, and my hubbie informs me that is not what we need! We hardly know how to explain the problem in English so we are not confident of going to a Spanish speaking garage.
Does anybody know someone in Portugal?
Did you post it in the Portugal forum?

Originally Posted by Sharon B
They do have a mechanic there as well, I needed my brakes checked.
How much?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur

How much?
I just needed to know if I needed new brake pads. He checked them and told me that they were ok for a couple of months and didn't charge me anything. Ooooh that has just reminded me that was a couple of months ago, better get it sorted!!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

that's exactly our problem (I think)......will go and find him!