gallerie9

Old Aug 25th 2012, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Mexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant future
Default gallerie9

Just wanted to say hi to all my friends I had here a few years agon I am now living in Mexico City I am well and very happy x
Old Aug 26th 2012, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gallerie9

Originally Posted by Mexicodf
Just wanted to say hi to all my friends I had here a few years agon I am now living in Mexico City I am well and very happy x
Says you've just joined so unless you mention your previous username will people recognise you?
Either way, glad to know you've made a successful move for you. Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2012, 6:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Gallerie 9 is her old user name but a lot of people would not know that.

I am amazed that you have moved so far away. Come on now tell the story. I will not do the normal welcome but will say that it is wonderful to see you back on here.

Rosemary
Old Aug 26th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Rosemary nice to see you back and please do tell more of life in Mexico
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I was in mexico city last year, it has a population of 2o million! and is low rise!, very busy. The centre is lovely with the Aztec ruins. Teotihuacan is totally amazing. I felt the whole place had an underlying feeling of threat, due to poverty and drugs.

BUT

To my point it was like Spain 30 years ago, soo cheap, soo authentic. I preferred northern Mexico (Mexicali) which is cheap but more Americanised and modern. Puerto Vallarta, is beautiful and felt safe, and is more like Spain 30 years ago than anywhere else. Liz Taylor used to have a holiday home there.

I toyed for an hour or two of moving there, instead of Spain due to the fact I could live like a member of the Raj. I decided after every day people being killed by drugs barons, and every Mexican thinking I was a rich American tourist, that it too risky for me!

Best regards and tell us more (I remember youre user name)

Al
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Mexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant futureMexicodf has a brilliant future

Well it is a long long story, but I will give the short version.

After living in Spain for 3 and a bit years the relationship I had broke down .. messy....I lived there for 10 months alone ..... started to miss family and work, so time to go back home ... started to work again, I am a teacher, I love my job. I was working in a inner city school in the UK trouble shooting bad classes, living with my parents, not good for a 52 year old woman, who had left home at 18 !!! well she grounded me !!! yes grounded me. So after a small deliberation I thought how about teaching abroad, I applied for 3 jobs, I was offered interviews for two, Tokyo and Mexico DF, I was offered the one in Mexico on a Wednesday evening. It was raining, on the TV was the program Waterloo Road very much like the school I was working in. I remember looking at the rain and then at the TV as the head was giving me 48 hrs to think about the move, then I heard my self saying "I dont need the 48 hrs, I will take the job" This was half term, and I was in Mexico in the middle of August. This is now 2 years ago, I have a great job with amazing students, I have this life that is rich and interesting, I have met some of the most amazing people, and no they know I am not an American I am no Gringo !!!! I would have never thought in the depth of desperation I was found my self in in the last 18 months in Spain could change, but it did. Even a woman of more mature years can find a new direction and new challenges I will be posting my adventures I have lots already to tell every one !!!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is a long long story, but I will give the short version.

After living in Spain for 3 and a bit years the relationship I had broke down .. messy....I lived there for 10 months alone ..... started to miss family and work, so time to go back home ... started to work again, I am a teacher, I love my job. I was working in a inner city school in the UK trouble shooting bad classes, living with my parents, not good for a 52 year old woman, who had left home at 18 !!! well she grounded me !!! yes grounded me. So after a small deliberation I thought how about teaching abroad, I applied for 3 jobs, I was offered interviews for two, Tokyo and Mexico DF, I was offered the one in Mexico on a Wednesday evening. It was raining, on the TV was the program Waterloo Road very much like the school I was working in. I remember looking at the rain and then at the TV as the head was giving me 48 hrs to think about the move, then I heard my self saying "I dont need the 48 hrs, I will take the job" This was half term, and I was in Mexico in the middle of August. This is now 2 years ago, I have a great job with amazing students, I have this life that is rich and interesting, I have met some of the most amazing people, and no they know I am not an American I am no Gringo !!!! I would have never thought in the depth of desperation I was found my self in in the last 18 months in Spain could change, but it did. Even a woman of more mature years can find a new direction and new challenges I will be posting my adventures I have lots already to tell every one !!!
What a great story, I'd love to hear more! I admire your courage in getting past a difficult time in your life and embarking on such an adventure.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, how wonderful to hear that things have gone so well for you. Sorry also that in order to get to this joy you have had to suffer a breakdown in your relationship. However, your story shows a lot of courage and faith and I am sure will inspire others.

Good luck and please keep on posting.

Rosemary
Old Aug 26th 2012, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi
I was in mexico city last year, it has a population of 2o million! and is low rise!, very busy. The centre is lovely with the Aztec ruins. Teotihuacan is totally amazing. I felt the whole place had an underlying feeling of threat, due to poverty and drugs.

BUT

To my point it was like Spain 30 years ago, soo cheap, soo authentic. I preferred northern Mexico (Mexicali) which is cheap but more Americanised and modern. Puerto Vallarta, is beautiful and felt safe, and is more like Spain 30 years ago than anywhere else. Liz Taylor used to have a holiday home there.

I toyed for an hour or two of moving there, instead of Spain due to the fact I could live like a member of the Raj. I decided after every day people being killed by drugs barons, and every Mexican thinking I was a rich American tourist, that it too risky for me!

Best regards and tell us more (I remember youre user name)

Al

DF when you live here for a few weeks starts to change I was also very aware of the media reports But it is so different I have walked in the streets down town drove over most of the city ... even went to a party in the dark places !!! but I can honestly say that I feel as safe here as you would in any big city ... you just have to use your common sense .. the people are warm generous and welcoming I have been to weddings parties family reunions I am the novelty Brit !!!
I have traveled around the country and love the vibrance I
Its not a 3rd world county ... they have a cheaper economy I earn less than the UK but my spending power is greater.
I dont live like a King but I live a good life with lovely people.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

DF when you live here for a few weeks starts to change I was also very aware of the media reports But it is so different I have walked in the streets down town drove over most of the city ... even went to a party in the dark places !!! but I can honestly say that I feel as safe here as you would in any big city ... you just have to use your common sense .. the people are warm generous and welcoming I have been to weddings parties family reunions I am the novelty Brit !!!
I have traveled around the country and love the vibrance I
Its not a 3rd world county ... they have a cheaper economy I earn less than the UK but my spending power is greater.
I dont live like a King but I live a good life with lovely people.
Have you thought about contacting any of the UK women's magazines to see if they would be interested in featuring your story? I'm not thinking of the celebrity gossip orientated ones, but I am a subscriber to one called Woman & Home which is aimed at the 35+ market and always includes articles on women who have successfully "turned their lives around" following things like redundancy, divorce or bereavement, or launched successful businesses. I don't know if they pay anything, but your story sounds to me like just the sort of thing they might be interested in.

I look forward to getting my copy every month, my "glossy mag" is one of life's tiny luxuries I wouldn't want to do without!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Have you thought about contacting any of the UK women's magazines to see if they would be interested in featuring your story? I'm not thinking of the celebrity gossip orientated ones, but I am a subscriber to one called Woman & Home which is aimed at the 35+ market and always includes articles on women who have successfully "turned their lives around" following things like redundancy, divorce or bereavement, or launched successful businesses. I don't know if they pay anything, but your story sounds to me like just the sort of thing they might be interested in.

I look forward to getting my copy every month, my "glossy mag" is one of life's tiny luxuries I wouldn't want to do without!
There is more My life has been a constant life of making a better life.. I was widowed at 27 Car accident spent 4 months in hospital divorced at 45 and so on Life for me has been one constant roller coaster ..... and you know I am still smiling LIFE its like a soap opera ..... You couldnt write some of the stuff that I have experienced
But on that note life is what you make it and never give up
Old Aug 26th 2012, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, fascinating story, keep it going, it is very interesting to your experiences,

good luck, keep a diary, maybe you could write a book.

respect
Al
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

ionie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We don't know each other but I found your story very uplifting.
I am glad to hear of a mature woman making her way and enjoying life after such an upheaval. Too many sit on the porch with a bottle of wine feeling useless and wasting their life.
Good for you. I applaud your courage and sense of adventure.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ionie
Hi,
We don't know each other but I found your story very uplifting.
I am glad to hear of a mature woman making her way and enjoying life after such an upheaval. Too many sit on the porch with a bottle of wine feeling useless and wasting their life.
Good for you. I applaud your courage and sense of adventure.
Thank you .....I did it and I love it Life can be so good or so I have found out I work with amazing children and in a lovely part of the world ..... I travel I find new places
I dont think I was made to sit on a porch with a bottle of wine when you can travel the world and drink it ... ja ja ja
I am off to Equador at Christmas the Galapagos Island cant wait .. who would have ever thought I could do this I am a granny too Ja ja ja
Life is for the living and I am going to live it to the full
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:59 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sharon - how ya doing hunibun - big hugs and we miss you on here - glad you are back and please stay xxxxx

Last edited by Sam Greenfield; Aug 28th 2012 at 10:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.